Braeden Anderson Has Committed to Kansas

  1. #1
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Braeden Anderson Has Committed to Kansas

    I just confirmed with Braeden that he is a Kansas Jayhawk...

    http://www.allkyhoops.com/2011/04/br...to-kansas.html
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Think Trevor Lacey had anything to do with this?

  3. #3
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Kentucky acted like they were interested in Anderson but Bill Self and crew visited him yesterday and sealed the deal. They sold him on playing time with the Morris twins going pro.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    This miss doesn't bother me that bad. Kentucky will need the post depth but I did not see him contributing that much next year, he would more than likely go ala Stacey Poole on the bench. Wiltjer should at least be around for a couple of years, Vargas still has two, and if Kentucky can land somebody like Dejuan Coleman, Brandon Ashley or Perry Ellis in the 2012 class they should be just fine down low.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    What a mistake by Anderson. The beatdown in Nov. will be ugly.

  6. #6
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    Quote Originally Posted by dolamite View Post
    This miss doesn't bother me that bad. Kentucky will need the post depth but I did not see him contributing that much next year, he would more than likely go ala Stacey Poole on the bench. Wiltjer should at least be around for a couple of years, Vargas still has two, and if Kentucky can land somebody like Dejuan Coleman, Brandon Ashley or Perry Ellis in the 2012 class they should be just fine down low.
    Eloy will be a Sr next year.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Eloy will be a Sr next year.
    You are correct, my bad.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,357

    Don't really believe it, but the buzz is that both Anderson and Simpson committed elsewhere tonight because they believe TJ will be coming back. Most likely UK fans just trying to put a positive spin on it.

  9. #9
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Soup View Post
    Don't really believe it, but the buzz is that both Anderson and Simpson committed elsewhere tonight because they believe TJ will be coming back. Most likely UK fans just trying to put a positive spin on it.
    More likely because they didn't have a UK offer. Bird in the hand and what not...

  10. #10
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Soup View Post
    Don't really believe it, but the buzz is that both Anderson and Simpson committed elsewhere tonight because they believe TJ will be coming back. Most likely UK fans just trying to put a positive spin on it.
    I asked Anderson about rumors of UK players returning. He said he heard nothing about it and it had no impact on his decision at all. He simply felt that he had a better opportunity for PT at KU and he was impressed that the entire KU staff came to Canada yesterday to visit him. Kentucky had not officially offered and he was not willing to wait any longer.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,357

    So who, if anyone, is on the Cats radar still besides God's Gift? What's plan A?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Soup View Post
    So who, if anyone, is on the Cats radar still besides God's Gift? What's plan A?
    Plan A: Pray that everyone comes back.

  13. #13
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot Soup View Post
    So who, if anyone, is on the Cats radar still besides God's Gift? What's plan A?
    At this point it looks like the well is dry on adding to 2011. I wouldn't totally rule out God's Gift, but they would have a lot of ground to make up since all they have done to this point is spend a little time evaluating his game. Really bad year for big men, and there just isn't anyone really left that can play at that level...

Top