"Do the John Wall Now!"

Page 3 of Mr. Liggins invited WVU to perform their mocking dance. I guess they declined. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vFvn...layer_embedded... 58 comments | 1961 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Actually that wasn't smack talk.
    What would you call it then ?
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by GRC4LIFE View Post
    Not a UK fan but I love it. Anybody calling Liggins a punk because of this needs to revaluate themselves...
    Don't agree with you a lot(being a Duke fan , LOL JUst kidding ) but I think this is twice in a week that I have 100 % agreed with you .

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    What would you call it then ?

    "Where are you from?"

    I'd call that casual conversation.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    After watching the WVU celebration from last year I think Liggin's actions were more than justified.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    "Where are you from?"

    I'd call that casual conversation.
    Did anyone see the entire conversation or can anyone say they know he wasn't talking smack? Very interesting time to be casually asking someone where they're from. My guess is there was some other talking going on.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    At the Card Table
    Posts
    17,862

    I am glad he stood up for last year's team. They got some of what they deserved. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Posts
    1,953

    As I said to my friend DURING the game and I certainly repeated it after the game...IF Liggins is on your team you love him, if he isn't, you hate him. I personally wouldn't do things like that, but I don't have an issue with it either. Anyone on here blasting him for it, really needs to be careful as I'd assume you have one or two on your team that do the same thing.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Posts
    5,545

    Quote Originally Posted by FormerCawoodTrojan View Post
    As I said to my friend DURING the game and I certainly repeated it after the game...IF Liggins is on your team you love him, if he isn't, you hate him. I personally wouldn't do things like that, but I don't have an issue with it either. Anyone on here blasting him for it, really needs to be careful as I'd assume you have one or two on your team that do the same thing.
    Absolutely. And I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't negatively affect the team (techs, fighting, etc). Liggins seems to know exactly how far he can go, and I'm all for it.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    "Where are you from?"

    I'd call that casual conversation.
    Apparently I am from a different sports background than you .I assume you heard the conversation .Have you ever played sports ?As if He wasn't trying to Ice him I guess .

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    There always was when I played .

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jan 10
    Posts
    1,629

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Did anyone see the entire conversation or can anyone say they know he wasn't talking smack? Very interesting time to be casually asking someone where they're from. My guess is there was some other talking going on.
    That's what was always going on when I played and someone was talking to someone at the free throw line .

  12. #42

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    Apparently I am from a different sports background than you .I assume you heard the conversation .Have you ever played sports ?As if He wasn't trying to Ice him I guess .
    I heard the conversation as it was described. Plus I saw the video where it was clear he said "where are you from?"

    Could he have preceded that with "you've got no chance at making these FTs?" Yes. Doesn't seem logical that you would go from that type of talk to a "where are you from" comment. He could have 100% been trying to ice him but that doesn't equate to trash talk as you originally claimed.

    Have I ever played sports? Not only yes but I had many a verbal sparring match or two during games.

    Here is Mack after the game.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugdZ6Vtq7Q

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.


    I was at the game and Mr. Buckner did his fair share of talking and also shoved several UK players after baskets.

    Liggins is a competitor and goes over the top sometimes, this is not one of them. Love that he said something to them about it.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Liggins is a good basketball player and that is all that matters!

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    2,917

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.
    Sounds like you've just got an ax to grind.

Top