Your Top Ten Instrumentals

Page 2 of Mine are: 10. Rock And Roll Part 2 - Garry Glitter 9. Hocus Pocus - Focus 8. Sleepwalk - Santo and Johnny 7. Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield 6. Eruption ... 36 comments | 1701 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    William Tell Overture
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    31,354

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Never figured you for a Metallica kind of guy.
    I love Metallica. In fact, I'm a closet "Metal Head".

  3. #18
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,271

    I have hedged and picked 12.

    12."The Entertainer"-Marvin Hamlisch
    11."Green Onions"-Bokker T. & The M.G.'s
    10."Theme From 'A Summer Place'"-Percy Faith
    9."Take Five"-Dave Brubeck
    8."Last Date"-Floyd Cramer
    7."Theme From 'Romeo And Juliet'"-Henry Mancini
    6.Love's Theme"-Love Unlimited Orchestra
    5."Tubular Bells"-Mike Oldfield
    4."The Hustle"-Van McCoy
    3."Love Is Blue"-Paul Mariat
    2."A Taste Of Honey"-Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
    1."Theme From 'The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly'"-Ennio Morricone

  4. #19
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,430

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    I have hedged and picked 12.

    12."The Entertainer"-Marvin Hamlisch
    11."Green Onions"-Bokker T. & The M.G.'s
    10."Theme From 'A Summer Place'"-Percy Faith
    9."Take Five"-Dave Brubeck
    8."Last Date"-Floyd Cramer
    7."Theme From 'Romeo And Juliet'"-Henry Mancini
    6.Love's Theme"-Love Unlimited Orchestra
    5."Tubular Bells"-Mike Oldfield
    4."The Hustle"-Van McCoy
    3."Love Is Blue"-Paul Mariat
    2."A Taste Of Honey"-Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
    1."Theme From 'The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly'"-Ennio Morricone

  5. #20
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,521

    Little Guitars- VH
    YYZ- Rush
    Eruption - VH

  6. #21
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    I have hedged and picked 12.

    12."The Entertainer"-Marvin Hamlisch
    11."Green Onions"-Bokker T. & The M.G.'s
    10."Theme From 'A Summer Place'"-Percy Faith
    9."Take Five"-Dave Brubeck
    8."Last Date"-Floyd Cramer
    7."Theme From 'Romeo And Juliet'"-Henry Mancini
    6.Love's Theme"-Love Unlimited Orchestra
    5."Tubular Bells"-Mike Oldfield
    4."The Hustle"-Van McCoy
    3."Love Is Blue"-Paul Mariat
    2."A Taste Of Honey"-Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
    1."Theme From 'The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly'"-Ennio Morricone
    Good list. I especially like your 1 and 2!

  7. #22
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    I love Metallica. In fact, I'm a closet "Metal Head".
    You think you know someone, then....

  8. #23
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    White Summer - The Yardbirds/Led Zeppelin (I prefer the acoustic Yardbirds version to the Zeppelin version.)
    Maggot Brain - Funkadelic
    Moby Dick - Led Zeppelin
    Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Jessica - Allman Brothers
    Jack The Ripper - Link Wray
    Green Onions - Booker T & The MGs
    Sandusky - Uncle Tupelo (It's the music playing in the background of this video.)
    Untitled #3 (Samskeyti) - Sigur Rs (An Icelandic post-rock band. I listen to them ALL the time.)
    One Of These Days - Pink Floyd
    Another good list. "One Of These Days" is one of my favorite songs.

  9. #24
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    12,180

    Surprised to see no one has said "Rumble" by Link Wray yet.

  10. #25
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    45,720

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    Surprised to see no one has said "Rumble" by Link Wray yet.
    Thought about it, but I'd take "Jack The Ripper" over "Rumble"...

  11. #26
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    Surprised to see no one has said "Rumble" by Link Wray yet.
    Oh man! How could I forget that classic?! Good pick, Habib.

  12. #27
    ADopted ADmiral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey
    Posts
    12,457

    Rush.Overture. The opening of 2112.
    I will post some more later...

  13. #28
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by ADopted ADmiral View Post
    Rush.Overture. The opening of 2112.
    I will post some more later...
    I was wondering when I'd hear from you! Shocked, as well, that we haven't heard from Jim Schue on the subject.

  14. #29
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,160

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    I was wondering when I'd hear from you! Shocked, as well, that we haven't heard from Jim Schue on the subject.
    I think Jim's trying to find an instrumental by The Eagles...

  15. #30
    Bluto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Location
    You were NOT hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land-mass!!
    Posts
    14,430

    Theme from The Magnificent Seven

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iteRKvRKFA

Tags for this Thread

Top