WXIX Shows True Lack of Class

Page 5 of Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) But...isn't getting those eyes there TO click on those links the first steps? Yes. However, one story isn't g... 97 comments | 3074 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    http://thinktraffic.net/attract-enou...-earn-a-living

    But here is the reality of online advertising. Advertising won’t pay you anything significant unless you attract massive traffic. And even when you have that massive traffic, the payout is probably much lower than you can earn through other revenue models.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    http://thinktraffic.net/attract-enou...-earn-a-living

    But here is the reality of online advertising. Advertising won’t pay you anything significant unless you attract massive traffic. And even when you have that massive traffic, the payout is probably much lower than you can earn through other revenue models.
    Don't ya just hate it when facts get in the way?

    Go ahead and compare these to these and tell me they did it to make ad revenue.

    You can't possibly make that argument with a straight face.

  3. #63
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    http://thinktraffic.net/attract-enou...-earn-a-living

    But here is the reality of online advertising. Advertising won’t pay you anything significant unless you attract massive traffic. And even when you have that massive traffic, the payout is probably much lower than you can earn through other revenue models.
    Now you're just trying too hard to prove a point on something that isn't worth arguing about.

    If it wasn't important to pull people to a web site there wouldn't be a thing called Google, or something called SEO. Game, set, match.


    (I feel like the Nationwide Insurance guy.)

  4. #64
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    Don't ya just hate it when facts get in the way?

    Go ahead and compare these to these and tell me they did it to make ad revenue.

    You can't possibly make that argument with a straight face.
    Don't you wish you were right? Just a little bit maybe?

  5. #65

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    Now you're just trying too hard to prove a point on something that isn't worth arguing about.

    If it wasn't important to pull people to a web site there wouldn't be a thing called Google, or something called SEO. Game, set, match.


    (I feel like the Nationwide Insurance guy.)
    Good lord, BF. It's like I'm arguing with a child or a 90-yr-old woman that doesn't know squat other than something she heard in 1998.

    Your Google comment is silly.

    Your first argument in this thread is that the few people who might have decided to view the video online was somehow going to make a lot of money for WXIX. I showed you that even the NYT who had 31M unique visitors in one month has gone away from "free" because it doesn't pay. Yet somehow Channel 19's website is paying? Come on. Are you ever going to explain why NYT isn't raking in money on their 31M unique viewers? You think they're making so much money that they risk losing 90% of those viewers by charging to view their content? That by itself should tell you that eyeballs aren't enough.

    You then throw out "Google" like that is proof. Yes, companies want to draw people to their site. That doesn't mean they make money by doing so (again: NYT).

    Next, let's show that you don't know squat about Google and SEO as it pertains to your original argument (Channel 19 trying to make money).

    You throw out the term SEO to try to impress me. Google "Cincinnati news" or "cincinnati television." Notice that only free content comes up. Why? Because WXIX isn't making money by getting you to come to their site so they're not going to pay extra to Google . Now Google "cincinnati cars" and notice that there are lot of links in the paid section. Why? Because car dealers are trying to get you to their business to buy a darn car. Hoever, just getting you to their site isn't making the car dealers money. It's just another source of gaining your interest to get your sorry rear end into the dealership to SPEND MONEY THERE.

    You need to know when you're in over your head in an argument. This is one of those times.

    However, as history has shown, you will continue to either a)say "you don't understand" which is BF code for "I'm losing this argument" or b)continue to try to be cute and throw out terms you hope I don't FULLY understand.

    I'd choose C which is "maybe my initial gut reaction was not based in real world business."

  6. #66
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Clyde, I sense that you're getting frustrated, arguing with yourself. Everyone else (with minor exceptions) got the point a long time ago. I'm done. It's not worth trying to explain it to you when you just want to argue. I mean, if you're going to tell me what my "argument" is, at least come close to getting it accurate. I never said anyone was making "a lot of money."

    I'm not losing an argument. There should never have been one.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    CLyde, you're arguing with yourself. The rest of us (with minor exceptions) got the point a long time ago. I'm done. It's not worth trying to explain it to you when you just want to argue.
    Classic BF response.

  8. #68
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Classic BF response.
    I'll let you have the last word. I should never have posted this.

  9. #69
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Good lord, BF. It's like I'm arguing with a child or a 90-yr-old woman that doesn't know squat other than something she heard in 1998.

    Your Google comment is silly.

    Your first argument in this thread is that the few people who might have decided to view the video online was somehow going to make a lot of money for WXIX. I showed you that even the NYT who had 31M unique visitors in one month has gone away from "free" because it doesn't pay. Yet somehow Channel 19's website is paying? Come on. Are you ever going to explain why NYT isn't raking in money on their 31M unique viewers? You think they're making so much money that they risk losing 90% of those viewers by charging to view their content? That by itself should tell you that eyeballs aren't enough.

    You then throw out "Google" like that is proof. Yes, companies want to draw people to their site. That doesn't mean they make money by doing so (again: NYT).

    Next, let's show that you don't know squat about Google and SEO as it pertains to your original argument (Channel 19 trying to make money).

    You throw out the term SEO to try to impress me. Google "Cincinnati news" or "cincinnati television." Notice that only free content comes up. Why? Because WXIX isn't making money by getting you to come to their site so they're not going to pay extra to Google . Now Google "cincinnati cars" and notice that there are lot of links in the paid section. Why? Because car dealers are trying to get you to their business to buy a darn car. Hoever, just getting you to their site isn't making the car dealers money. It's just another source of gaining your interest to get your sorry rear end into the dealership to SPEND MONEY THERE.

    You need to know when you're in over your head in an argument. This is one of those times.

    However, as history has shown, you will continue to either a)say "you don't understand" which is BF code for "I'm losing this argument" or b)continue to try to be cute and throw out terms you hope I don't FULLY understand.

    I'd choose C which is "maybe my initial gut reaction was not based in real world business."
    Question to you Clyde. If your wife, daughter, son, sister, mother had been killed in this accident, would you be so quick to defend WXIX?

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Feb 10
    Posts
    2,043

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Question to you Clyde. If your wife, daughter, son, sister, mother had been killed in this accident, would you be so quick to defend WXIX?
    That is irrelevant to this discussion. BF is implying that it this was motivated through financial opportunity. Clyde is showing that it is not. BF is arguing something that is simply not there.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    2,253

    What in the world has happened to the General Discussion forum? The accident was a horrible tradegy with two lives lost. Some programs will do anything for ratings. When I first heard of the terrible accident it was in the morning, and the station was Channel 5, and they did not show the whole video clip. If someone wanted to watch the whole video clip it was available on the internet. (not sure why anyone would like to see a car get T-boned and then know the passenger and cab driver died.)

  12. #72
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,530

    Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    That is irrelevant to this discussion. BF is implying that it this was motivated through financial opportunity. Clyde is showing that it is not. BF is arguing something that is simply not there.
    But he's ignored my argument, as have you.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,833

    Hahahahaha!!! You go BF!

    And RTS!

    I'm with you guys.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Run To State View Post
    Question to you Clyde. If your wife, daughter, son, sister, mother had been killed in this accident, would you be so quick to defend WXIX?
    I am not defending WXIX. I'm not a reactionary person. I would fully expect that the video would be shown. It wouldn't change a darn thing.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by GaViking View Post
    What in the world has happened to the General Discussion forum? The accident was a horrible tradegy with two lives lost. Some programs will do anything for ratings. When I first heard of the terrible accident it was in the morning, and the station was Channel 5, and they did not show the whole video clip. If someone wanted to watch the whole video clip it was available on the internet. (not sure why anyone would like to see a car get T-boned and then know the passenger and cab driver died.)
    What's your point? What does Channel 5 showing or not showing the video have to do with the GD forum?

Top