Should she lose her job?

Page 2 of http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...9110405&Ref=AR The West Clermont school board wouldn't take any comments from the public Monday about Brenda... 70 comments | 2221 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: SHould she lose her job?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 42.25%
  • No

    41 57.75%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    ERLANGER KENTUCKY
    Posts
    4,253

    I say no! However, I would remove her from her current position and put her into one that does not have so much responsibility of children. This lady has and will suffer more. JD
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by sports fan
    Geez, I voted "no" but after reading some posts I'm thinking I'm only 51% certain.
    Same here, I can certainly see that side as well.

  3. #18
    cvillecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Kickin' It At The Shoe
    Posts
    8,984

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNDUNHOFT
    I say no! However, I would remove her from her current position and put her into one that does not have so much responsibility of children. This lady has and will suffer more. JD
    Great points. It is a sad situation no matter what decision is reached.
    As a parent I can't imagine doing this to any of my children. I truly have to think that there has to be some medical problem that caused a responsible person to act as she did.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Being a role model
    Posts
    34,456

    Quote Originally Posted by cvillecat
    Great points. It is a sad situation no matter what decision is reached.
    As a parent I can't imagine doing this to any of my children. I truly have to think that there has to be some medical problem that caused a responsible person to act as she did.
    In our world where at times our job, our hobbies, our lives overcomes what should be a correct sense of priorities, unfortunately a medical problem is not necessary to make such a horrible mistake. It is simply putting too much time, too much focus and too much worry on the wrong things.

    I lived that world once and have to fight myself to not slip back into it.

  5. #20
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    In our world where at times our job, our hobbies, our lives overcomes what should be a correct sense of priorities, unfortunately a medical problem is not necessary to make such a horrible mistake. It is simply putting too much time, too much focus and too much worry on the wrong things.

    I lived that world once and have to fight myself to not slip back into it.
    Why do you keep calling it a horrible mistake when she was repeatedly warned about leaving her child unattended in her car?

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Being a role model
    Posts
    34,456

    Quote Originally Posted by billyrayjoebob
    Why do you keep calling it a horrible mistake when she was repeatedly warned about leaving her child unattended in her car?
    I do not think she intentionally left her child in the car to die. Thus, a horrible mistake.

  7. #22
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    I do not think she intentionally left her child in the car to die. Thus, a horrible mistake.
    So it's okay to continue to intentionally leave your infant child unattended in your car? Wow.

  8. #23
    bulldog77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    No. Ky.
    Posts
    3,242

    [Reassignment within the district would best serve everyone involved I believe, but firing her doesn't seem to solve or help anything. I would also even question the legality of it.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    No brainer.

    She made a tragic mistake and will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

    The prosecutor found no grounds to file charges.

    Simply put it's none of the school boards business.

  10. #25
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,414

    I wonder if she had a signed contract and what the legal speak in the contract was concerning such matters.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,759

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    I do not think she intentionally left her child in the car to die. Thus, a horrible mistake.
    Sorry I didn't mean to kill you. Whoops can't take it back up.. Murder is murder.

  12. #27
    cvillecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Kickin' It At The Shoe
    Posts
    8,984

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    In our world where at times our job, our hobbies, our lives overcomes what should be a correct sense of priorities, unfortunately a medical problem is not necessary to make such a horrible mistake. It is simply putting too much time, too much focus and too much worry on the wrong things.

    I lived that world once and have to fight myself to not slip back into it.
    The stress and feelings of being overwhelmed as you have stated would be IMO classified as a medical problem.

  13. #28
    billyrayjoebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    3,379

    Quote Originally Posted by All Tell
    No brainer.

    She made a tragic mistake and will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

    The prosecutor found no grounds to file charges.

    Simply put it's none of the school boards business.
    So you wouldn't mind if she took your kids on a field trip on a scorching hot day...

    Again, IT WAS NOT A TRAGIC MISTAKE...It was her usual behavior...

  14. #29
    The Great Game's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 07
    Posts
    789

    Obviously this is a tradegy for everyone involved... Even though I don't believe by right you can take her job away, I do believe she will not work another day in the West Clermont School Board. IMO she will have the remainder of her contract bought out and all parties will part ways and somehow try to start the healing process.

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    At the ball fields watching my favorite baseball player in the world MY SON
    Posts
    575

    Quote Originally Posted by ladiesbballcoach
    Ironically, it was her overwhelming concern for her job at the school that distracted her and led her to make this horrible mistake.
    This is no way is a mistake. Any parent knows when you children are with you. This lady(used loosely) needs to be taken out and beat .

Top