Don't look now!!

  1. #1
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,961

    Don't look now!!

    We'll be going through another round of storms Monday into Wednesday.

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,961

    D-5 is Tuesday into Wednesday.


  3. #3
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    If you don't stop all this storming, we're going to have to get a new weatherman!

  4. #4
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,961

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    If you don't stop all this storming, we're going to have to get a new weatherman!
    It looks like we are in for several days of storms.

  5. #5
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,810

    This is the stormiest April I can ever remember, and I've been around for a few years.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    2,253

    Tornado warning was issued for Mt Zion, Crittendan Ky area. The area also includes Kenton and Campbell counties. Siren's went off about 10 minutes ago.

  7. #7
    swamprat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Westchase, FL
    Posts
    31,372

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    This is the stormiest April I can ever remember, and I've been around for a few years.
    Reminds me of 1974. The day of the "Tornado Super Breakout". 148 tornadoes stretching from southern Michigan to southern Alabama, involving 7 states, from Illinois in the west to Virginia in the east. 314 killed over 5000 injured. 6 F5s confirmed.

    I remember it, like it was yesterday. Dad's International 1500 rocking back and forth under the carport. I remember WCTT losing power and the kid DJing only having 2 records that he played over and over, also the motel in Corbin being hit.

    I remember the next day checking out the new road carved through the woods to the top of the ridge, on our property north of KY 511, wide enough to drive a semi through.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdsfan View Post
    If you don't stop all this storming, we're going to have to get a new weatherman!
    But hey, at least the drought is over

  9. #9
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,961

    Western Kentucky need to be on the lookout especially tomorrow. The TORCON index for them is 5 out of 10. The surrounding states are 6 or 7. We will be looking at the possibility of severe storms and tornadoes through Wednesday.

  10. #10
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017 View Post
    But hey, at least the drought is over
    .........and I can promise you that there will be some after a few days of dry weather saying how we need the rain.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Sooo, Who now thinks the Ark project in Williamstown was a bad idea? Can they now hurry up? We may need it.

  12. #12
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,961

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017 View Post
    Sooo, Who now thinks the Ark project in Williamstown was a bad idea? Can they now hurry up? We may need it.

  13. #13
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,810

    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Reminds me of 1974. The day of the "Tornado Super Breakout". 148 tornadoes stretching from southern Michigan to southern Alabama, involving 7 states, from Illinois in the west to Virginia in the east. 314 killed over 5000 injured. 6 F5s confirmed.

    I remember it, like it was yesterday. Dad's International 1500 rocking back and forth under the carport. I remember WCTT losing power and the kid DJing only having 2 records that he played over and over, also the motel in Corbin being hit.

    I remember the next day checking out the new road carved through the woods to the top of the ridge, on our property north of KY 511, wide enough to drive a semi through.
    I remember it like it was yesterday too. I was a sophomore at EKU. Some friends and I were eating at Jerry's Restuarant on the By-Pass when it began to pour hail, then the rain came and the next thing the power went off. A tornado had touched down at White Hall and then again at Red House. 7 people died in Madison County that night. The storms and tornado warnings went on all night long. Classes were dismissed at EKU for several days.

Top