Apr 26, 11, 01:48 PM #1
Best Action SequenceWhat’s the best action sequence from a movie? It’s too easy to just ask for the best car chase…we’re gonna end up with a dozen or more responses saying “The French Connection”, “Bullitt” or “Ronin”. So let’s hear what you think the best action sequences are in movies - your top 5 or 10 or so. (If you can narrow it doen to just ONE, kudos to you.) Car chases, shootouts, fights, boxing matches, martial arts fights, battle scenes, foot chases, athletic contests… Let's hear 'em.
- Car chase from “Bullitt” (it’s a gimme, but it stands the test).
- The shootout in downtown Los Angeles from “Heat”. **
- The car chase from “Ronin”. If you haven’t seen the movie, it’s worth it if only for the car chase.
- The foot chase from the beginning of Casino Royale when James Bond is chasing Mollaka (parkour/free runner Sebastian Foucan).
- The fight scene at the end of “Legend of the Drunken Master”. Jackie Chan kills it in this one.
- The D-day invasion at Omaha Beach from “Saving Private Ryan”. It’ll probably rattle you a little, but that’s probably a good thing.
- The shootout at the end of “Open Range”.
- The SWAT team shootout in “The Professional”.
- Apollo Creed v. Rocky Balboa in the original “Rocky”. (How could you not pick that.)
- The Battle of Helms Deep from “Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers”.
- The expressway fight/car chase from "The Matrix Reloaded". It’s a car chase AND a fight. Come on…
** I'd probably list the shootout from Heat as my personal favorite.Advertisement
Apr 26, 11, 02:23 PM #2I'm glad you put the D-Day invansion from Saving Private Ryan. That is easily the number one choice for me. Also, I love the Professional.
I'll add the attack by Japan in Pearl Harbor.
I'll look at my movies when I get home and see what else I can come up with.
Apr 27, 11, 09:37 AM #3
Jurassic Park. 1st T-Rex attack on the kids in the car.
- Join Date
- Dec 05
Apr 27, 11, 09:48 AM #4Gonna go out of the box on this one. (It had all the settings for a huge action sequence, and then POW...they pull the rug out from under you.) But one of my favorite is in Raiders of the Lost Ark when Indy is trying to find a kidnapped Marion, and comes across the guy with the sword. For about 10 seconds they got you hyped up over the potential matchup between sword and whip...and then he nonchalantly pulls out his gun and drops him with a single shot. Classic!!
Apr 27, 11, 10:14 AM #5
The climax of the first Matrix movie, starting when they take the chopper to save Morpheus.
- Join Date
- Aug 07
Apr 27, 11, 01:58 PM #6The ambush from "clear and present danger", is one that I like. The last 20 minutes or so from the matrix is also good. Opening scene from "saving private Ryan".
Apr 27, 11, 02:08 PM #7
Apr 27, 11, 02:13 PM #8