American Idol 2011

Page 12 of Who is watching? Talented bunch. More diverse. Good show so far. Advertisement Mar 7, 11, 01:11 AM #2 marvel View Profile View Forum Posts Registe... 224 comments | 5850 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #166

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    The best contestants were eliminated before this week. James and Pia are both head and shoulders above the two that are left. Scotty is a joke, he's a likable kid but I have heard better at Poage Landing Days. The problem with this season is the judges are providing no guidance for what has proven to be an ignorant public. Steve Tyler is an idiot and he proves it every week.
    Advertisement

  2. #167

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops5 View Post
    American "IDOL". That is the name of the show. America did not "idolize" Haley as much as Lauren and Scotty.
    Yes it is a "singing" competition. (not talking and not thighs!) Haley is a very good performer. But IMO, she came across as a person who does not need people. It is a two way street with fans and performer. Haley did not appear to have the same kind of respect and appreciation for her fans the way that Lauren and Scotty have. Thus---more difficult for America to "IDOLIZE" Haley.
    I would not exactly label that as arrogance--because that is a harsh word to use on a girl who has worked hard and has improved and entertained us week after week. More like aloof and disconnected. She was missing that special twinkle in her eyes that make you just want her to soar to the top!
    I would argue that you're over thinking it. If this supposed attitude was the problem she would not have made it this far.

    It comes down to audience. It skews two ways: young and country/pop. Add in that a huge number of votes come in via text plus there being no limit on how many times one can vote and you get a skewed vote. It would be interesting to see results for the season had each voter only voted once.

  3. #168

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    4,231

    Quote Originally Posted by Koun Dog View Post
    The best contestants were eliminated before this week. James and Pia are both head and shoulders above the two that are left. Scotty is a joke, he's a likable kid but I have heard better at Poage Landing Days. The problem with this season is the judges are providing no guidance for what has proven to be an ignorant public. Steve Tyler is an idiot and he proves it every week.
    Now that's funny!!!

  4. #169
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    16,632

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I get the exact impression. She seems to have a very "whatever, it's cool" attitude.
    Well in 14 days time----someone else had a change in attitude!

  5. #170

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I get the exact impression. She seems to have a very "whatever, it's cool" attitude.

    Now Jacob had a diva attitude!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops5 View Post
    Well in 14 days time----someone else had a change in attitude!
    That should have said "exact opposite" impression. I've never seen her as having a bad attitude.

  6. #171
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    9,074

    Quote Originally Posted by Koun Dog View Post
    The best contestants were eliminated before this week. James and Pia are both head and shoulders above the two that are left. Scotty is a joke, he's a likable kid but I have heard better at Poage Landing Days. The problem with this season is the judges are providing no guidance for what has proven to be an ignorant public. Steve Tyler is an idiot and he proves it every week.

  7. #172

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    tradin paint
    Posts
    3,055

    I quit watching when Pia was voted off !! I watched for the first time since that Wednesday night. The Led Zeppelin song was the best one of the night.

  8. #173
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    “The world’s problems begin with the belief that some human lives are more important than others.”
    Posts
    29,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Da champ View Post
    I quit watching when Pia was voted off !! I watched for the first time since that Wednesday night. The Led Zeppelin song was the best one of the night.
    Pia was my pick, too. I did almost stop watching when she was voted off, but I am glad that I didn't. I agree on Haley's Led Zeppelin song. It was phenomenal. Not too many singers can do that.

    I have grown to appreciate both Scotty and Lauren. In the beginning, I felt that Lauren was trying to "play" the ditzy blonde, but she has backed off that and I can now just appreciate her singing. Also, I have enjoyed Scotty's willingness to experiment with his vocal range. I've enjoyed this season. I have said for about five weeks that Scotty would win it all.

  9. #174
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    I have said for about five weeks that Scotty would win it all.
    I can vouch for this; she really has.

  10. #175
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Pia was my pick, too. I did almost stop watching when she was voted off, but I am glad that I didn't. I agree on Haley's Led Zeppelin song. It was phenomenal. Not too many singers can do that.

    I have grown to appreciate both Scotty and Lauren. In the beginning, I felt that Lauren was trying to "play" the ditzy blonde, but she has backed off that and I can now just appreciate her singing. Also, I have enjoyed Scotty's willingness to experiment with his vocal range. I've enjoyed this season. I have said for about five weeks that Scotty would win it all.
    I agree with all that you said here. Certainly about Haley and the Zepplin song. Haley imo also was imo great on the Fleetwood Mac/S.Nix song. Actually I thought that Haley should have advanced over Lauren. I did like Lauren and am not all that against her moving on, just thought Haley was better. Haley did have an "attitude" but it didn't bother me near as much as Jacob's did. I also am glad that I continued watching, I said that I was done after Pia left. As for the final, I am pulling for Scotty and think thast he will win it. Both imo will have recording contracts in country music.
    I have said since since Pia left that all others were competing for 2nd. Pia was far better than anyone in this years competition. jmo.

  11. #176

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    1,475

    I need to clarify. I think Scotty seems like a sincere, fine young man. But, he isn't as talented as James, Pia, or Haley. I'm really disappointed that we are not getting ready to watch a final of Pia vs. James, that would have been epic. Once again when the judges never criticize it lends to this outcome. One thing you can say for Simon, he would tell you if someone stunk instead of saying how beautiful each and every performance is.

    Every single time Steven Tyler opens his mouth I think of Dale from the move Stepbothers when he was critiquing Brennan's singing. I fully expect for Tyler to tell someone that he "thought they took on the shape of a unicorn for a second" or that their voice "is a combination of Fergie and Jesus."

  12. #177

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the zone
    Posts
    13,387

    It is clear that the show wants Lauren to win.

  13. #178
    Birdsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Vetustior Humo!
    Posts
    62,362

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatScratchFever View Post
    It is clear that the show wants Lauren to win.
    I agree. I think they were pulling some emotional strings for her that weren't available to Scotty.

  14. #179

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatScratchFever View Post
    It is clear that the show wants Lauren to win.
    IMO the show's desire (if there is one) will not have any impact on voters. 90% of the people that will vote tonight already knew who they were going to vote for.

  15. #180
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    Go Scotty!

Top