When will we see Snow in Kentucky

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    1,069

    When will we see Snow in Kentucky

    Wondering if you had any predictions for measurable snow, have a trip planned late in January.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    47,888

    Calling @nWo!

  3. #3
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,683

    Hopefully never.

  4. #4
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,551

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Hopefully never.
    When I saw the title of this thread I said out loud, "hopefully never."

    Then I read the thread and Boom!

  5. #5
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,567

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I said out loud, "hopefully never."

    Then I read the thread and Boom!
    I agree.

  6. #6
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,388

    There is a very slight chance for some type of wintry precipitation the week of the 14th but I don't see anything major. I've checked the long range models and they are not showing much if any snow before February.
    Last edited by nWo; Jan 5, 19 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    1,069

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    There is a very slight chance for some type of wintry precipitation the week of the 14th but I don't see anything major. I've checked the long range models and they are not showing much if any snow before February.
    Thank you, I a man not wishing for any, just curious, I knew who to ask.
    Last edited by nWo; Jan 5, 19 at 03:41 PM.

  8. #8
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,551

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    There is a very slight chance for some type of wintry precipitation the week of the 14th but I don't see anything major. I've checked the long range models and they are not showing much if any snow before February.
    Someone had to ruin all the fun.

  9. #9
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,388

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Someone had to ruin all the fun.
    According to the latest Climate Forecast System simulation which is a medium to long range climate model looking at the end of January and the first full week of February now looks interesting. Now that is a couple of weeks away so we'll just have to wait and see. Winter may finally be coming to Kentucky

  10. #10
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    9,842

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    According to the latest Climate Forecast System simulation which is a medium to long range climate model looking at the end of January and the first full week of February now looks interesting. Now that is a couple of weeks away so we'll just have to wait and see. Winter may finally be coming to Kentucky
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Top