Something brewing after Christmas?

Page 4 of Just checking the weather Christmas weekend. For now, nothing much seems to be happening. I'm paying close attention to the day after Christmas. The GF... 64 comments | 2806 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,190

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    I don't think purple is one of my favorite colors anymore.
    I'm really glad my wife and I decided to upgrade our attic insulation a couple of weeks ago.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I'm really glad my wife and I decided to upgrade our attic insulation a couple of weeks ago.
    Seriously, can you tell a significant difference in how warm your house feels?

  3. #48
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,190

    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    Seriously, can you tell a significant difference in how warm your house feels?
    I sure can my heatpump hasnt run since this morning

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I sure can my heatpump hasnt run since this morning
    Wowzers! Pretty impressive.

  5. #50
    nkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Taylor Mill, KY
    Posts
    7,197

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I'm really glad my wife and I decided to upgrade our attic insulation a couple of weeks ago.
    When it gets this cold, I tell my wife SHE needs to be my insulation!
    Unfortunately, she then tells me to go sleep on the couch.

  6. #51
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,190

    Quote Originally Posted by nkypete View Post
    When it gets this cold, I tell my wife SHE needs to be my insulation!
    Unfortunately, she then tells me to go sleep on the couch.

  7. #52
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,190

    my thermostat is set at 65 and it feels really comfortable.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    209

    Quote Originally Posted by nWo View Post
    I'm really glad my wife and I decided to upgrade our attic insulation a couple of weeks ago.
    How did you upgrade your attic insulation?

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Aug 13
    Posts
    8,506

    5 degree windchill in Ashland earlier today. I'm thinking we're gonna have to warm the globe up a bit more.

  10. #55
    nWo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Richmond,KY
    Posts
    40,190

    Quote Originally Posted by KYSportster View Post
    How did you upgrade your attic insulation?
    Well we discovered that some of our insulation had been blown around in the attic. So we spread the old insulation back to make it even. Then I went to Lowes and bought some Green Fibre blown in insulation. Spread it over the existing insulation. I figure my R factor in our attic is about where it should be now around R-38. The reason I did this was when I signed up for KU's electronic meter I could see that our electric usage was high. So so far so good.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    ^^^
    I got a dislike for thinking nWo’s picture in his post was comical
    I hope the disliker didn’t think I was laughing at the ultra cold and snowy forecast, because I wasn’t. I dislike cold and snow myself.
    That guy is just a grouch....

  12. #57

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    I thank God every day for a husband who is willing to go out in the cold to fill our wood boiler so I am nice and toasty in my home! It was 79 degrees this morning! Now if I could just figure out how to stay indoors for an entire season and hibernate...

  13. #58
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,758

    Any accumulation estimates for tomorrow evening into Saturday morning yet?

    The news this morning made it sound like we could see a couple inches in NKY.

  14. #59
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,605

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    It was 79 degrees this morning!
    That sounds miserable.

  15. #60
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    21,142

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    I thank God every day for a husband who is willing to go out in the cold to fill our wood boiler so I am nice and toasty in my home! It was 79 degrees this morning! Now if I could just figure out how to stay indoors for an entire season and hibernate...
    I would be sweating.

Top