What is your biggest buck

Page 2 of My first deer was a 10 point! they have gone downhill ever since! But I still love to hunt.... 28 comments | 1241 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,667

    Originally posted by bargedawg
    A deer hunter would never stretch the t r u t h !
    Of course not! I might do a lot of things, but I always tell the t....r....u....t....h.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    bargedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    the banks of Blaine Creek
    Posts
    822

    Originally posted by Watusi
    Of course not! I might do a lot of things, but I always tell the t....r....u....t....h.
    Watusi If I had known to use dots I could have streatched it farther than I did.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Posts
    37,667

    I kinda stole your idea bargedawg, sorry.

  4. #19
    bargedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    the banks of Blaine Creek
    Posts
    822

    Originally posted by Watusi
    I kinda stole your idea bargedawg, sorry.
    No problem at least you knew how to do it.
    when they gave typing classes in school I was outta there.
    If I only knew then what I know now!!!

  5. #20
    oneijoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Ulysses, KY (a little nowhere between Paintsville and Louisa)
    Posts
    7,196

    My best is right here looking down at me now from my office wall.

    He's an eight pointer with a 22 in. spread... what's interesting is he has NO brow tines!! He'd have been a 10 if his genetics weren't a little strange. Killed him with a Remington 7400 30-06. Now I hunt with a Browning 7mm Mag.

    bargedawg.... I got him on Little Cat. Bet you know where that is.... LOL

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    Middlesboro ,KY
    Posts
    12,735

    Kentucky buck becoming a tourist attraction

    How would you guy's like to run across a 36-point buck ..

    I was looking throu the news and seen where this guy from Danville got one...it seems he found it in northern Garrard County
    Heres a link to see a pic of it....



    http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/...Brogle_KY.html

  7. #22
    darock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Rockcastle Co.
    Posts
    88

    My first deer was a 14 point that field dressed 208lbs. and was taken in Rockcastle County, I was 11 years old. The next year I killed a 12 point on a youth hunt in Paducah that field dressed 205 after a five hour trip in the back of a truck. Havent been back since!!!

  8. #23
    bargedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    the banks of Blaine Creek
    Posts
    822

    Originally posted by oneijoe
    My best is right here looking down at me now from my office wall.

    He's an eight pointer with a 22 in. spread... what's interesting is he has NO brow tines!! He'd have been a 10 if his genetics weren't a little strange. Killed him with a Remington 7400 30-06. Now I hunt with a Browning 7mm Mag.

    bargedawg.... I got him on Little Cat. Bet you know where that is.... LOL

    I was raised on Spring Creek of Little Cat I saw my first deer there When I was 9 years old about 1975 .and have killed many deer there. the one I mentioned at the front of this post was one of them. He had a perfect 10 point rack with 7 inch brow tines and about an 18 inch inside spread. This place will always be speacial to me

  9. #24
    bargedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    the banks of Blaine Creek
    Posts
    822

    Re: Kentucky buck becoming a tourist attraction

    Originally posted by southeast_bell
    How would you guy's like to run across a 36-point buck ..

    I was looking throu the news and seen where this guy from Danville got one...it seems he found it in northern Garrard County
    Heres a link to see a pic of it....



    http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/...Brogle_KY.html
    Bell
    That thing scared the daylights outta me just looking at the picture!
    What I wouldn't give to get that in my sights

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 01
    Location
    Freedom is NORML!
    Posts
    27,399

    my brother got his first buck this year, it was an eight-pointer, he has been smiling from ear to ear since then. i just wish my dang scanner worked and i could put a picture on here

  11. #26
    bargedawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 02
    Location
    the banks of Blaine Creek
    Posts
    822

    Originally posted by formerkywrestler
    my brother got his first buck this year, it was an eight-pointer, he has been smiling from ear to ear since then. i just wish my dang scanner worked and i could put a picture on here
    Formerkywrestler that is great ! He will remember that the rest of his life!
    Let me know if you get the pics working.

  12. #27
    raginroyalfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    RockyTop, Ky
    Posts
    2,366

    this will be a short story about a cousin who moved from miami,fl. to fleming co. he had never deer hunted in his life. the first day he shot the 1st deer he had ever seen w/a borrowed gun. he said it walked right up to him. we heard the shot and started to go towards him when came out of the woods shouting he just shot a 14 pt buck. while walking towards the deer he kept saying it had 12 pts off the main beams. i thought how lucky can u be. when we arrived it was amazing. the 12 pts he was talking about were stickers pts aleast 2 to 3 inches long coming off a basic 7 by 7. it was a b.&c. buck w/26 scorable pts, grossing 218 7/8's. it has inside spread of 21 1/2 an outside 23 1/2. this has been the only buck he has killed in 10 years of hunting.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    Hope you had fun.
    Posts
    7,155

    I got a 100 in my purse from my Xmas bonus

  14. #29
    darock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Rockcastle Co.
    Posts
    88

    that was a good one cheer

Top