Used Army gear

  1. #1
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Used Army gear

    Does anyone know if there is going to be any good deals on used military gear? I know they always seem to clear out all the old junk and get new stuff before the go to the field has anyone seen any good deals recently as the military has been gearing up for possible war, I thought they might be getting rid of the old bdus and gp's and other camping type gear.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Posts
    17,805

    Come to my hometown...

    They have a used surplus store that carries everything the military hands down. Really a big place and it is cheap, great place to get hunting gear as well. A local man that is a veteran of War maintains the place. If you are ever down in or around Laurel County, PM me ahead of time and I will be glad to give you directions.

  3. #3
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Cool. Thanks I just might do that when I get some money saved up and it gets warmer!

  4. #4
    WILDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Lexington, KY by way of Corbin
    Posts
    3,883

    Originally posted by 3wishes
    Come to my hometown...

    They have a used surplus store that carries everything the military hands down. Really a big place and it is cheap, great place to get hunting gear as well. A local man that is a veteran of War maintains the place. If you are ever down in or around Laurel County, PM me ahead of time and I will be glad to give you directions.
    Care to tell me where the place is located 3w?

    Thanks

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Posts
    17,805

    It is inside the Giant Fleamarket, it is sanctioned off by itself though...It is in London. Have you ever been there?

  6. #6
    WILDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Lexington, KY by way of Corbin
    Posts
    3,883

    Originally posted by 3wishes
    It is inside the Giant Fleamarket, it is sanctioned off by itself though...It is in London. Have you ever been there?
    I know exactly where you are talking about. Been there many of times. I am assuming you are talking about the flea market across 192 from the college.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Belfry, ky
    Posts
    84

    At my hometown there is a Great Army Surplus store call robinets, good place to find new army and huntin stuff, on us 119

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Posts
    17,805

    Originally posted by WILDMAN
    I know exactly where you are talking about. Been there many of times. I am assuming you are talking about the flea market across 192 from the college.
    Yes that one, don't you think they have a lot of gear, I know I was always searching there and found anything from tents to boots.

  9. #9
    WILDMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 01
    Location
    Lexington, KY by way of Corbin
    Posts
    3,883

    yep

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Bellevue Ky
    Posts
    92

    land air and sea. surplus store newport ky

  11. #11
    FlagetRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Et unam, sanctam, catholicam, et, apostolicam Ecclesiam
    Posts
    3,977

    Ram there is a decent surplus store on bardstown road

  12. #12
    ROCK77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    Erlanger ky 41018
    Posts
    2,856

    Originally posted by Retlt0123
    land air and sea. surplus store newport ky
    never been there good stuff there? there's another one on Madison and 5th street next to Grayhound bus depot in Covington

  13. #13
    mellowe4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Posts
    603

    military stuff

    if y'all ever get a chance, get that military issue insect repellant, it is the best stuff i have ever used in 35 years of hunting and fishing,,, as a matter of fact if you see any would you let me know?

  14. #14
    ram95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    11,659

    Originally posted by FlagetRocks
    Ram there is a decent surplus store on bardstown road
    Do you mean the old army navy store by greatful threads? If so I live like a block away yet I never have been in there since I was in high school, infact I thought they close down.

Top