May 17, 17, 12:01 PM #1
Any RV pros here?Or semi-pros anyway? Basically just looking for info on what I need to know before any money exchanges hands.Advertisement
May 17, 17, 12:23 PM #2We have a travel trailer but a lot of it will be the same (except for the truck part)
1. Seal inspection. Trust me, you do not want a leak. Look for ceiling stains or soft spots in floor.
2. Floor Plan - make sure you are comfortable with it.
3. Features - Know what you need and what is nice to have. Outside kitchens are great but increase the price a lot.
4. Mechanical - inspect frame underneath. Beware of significant rust. Look for any cracks or broken welds. Inspect tires and brake system.
5. Structural - inspect side walls (expensive to replace) and windows (do they all open)
6. Interior - make sure Fridge is functional and temp regulates (you don't want frozen beer). Plumbing - make sure all sinks, bath and toilet can get water.
Good luck. PM me if you have any specific questions.
May 18, 17, 07:32 AM #3Brakes and spare tires. Make sure both are in perfect working order. Other than that, be sure to have plenty of money for gas.
afiguy has lined out the bullet points very well
Jul 9, 17, 06:56 PM #4
You need to talk to my dad......has 37 footer with 3 slide-outs.
- Join Date
- Mar 10
- Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
Jul 9, 17, 06:57 PM #5
Make sure it doesnt leak and make sure the ac works.
- Join Date
- Aug 16
Oct 7, 17, 09:38 AM #6We're actually looking into buying a small used RV to see if it's something we could enjoy a few times a year. Anyone know of any please let me know. Thanks!
Oct 7, 17, 09:39 AM #7Travel trailer or a Class C. We are open to either.
Oct 7, 17, 08:22 PM #8I'm sitting in my camper right now listening to the Kentucky game. Didnt get to take it out as much this year.