- Nov 9, 12, 04:25 PM #1
SkyfallJust saw the new James Bond movie Skyfall this morning and it is without a doubt the Best Bond Movie since Goldfinger . It has solidified Daniel Craig as an equal to Sean Connery as the best Bond . Has anyone else see it ?Advertisement
- Nov 9, 12, 04:41 PM #2Not yet. Big Connery fan but I think Craig has surpassed him. Looking forward to seeing this one in the theater
- Nov 9, 12, 04:42 PM #3Glad to hear that. I haven't seen it yet but I may actually make the trip to the theatre over Thanksgiving when my brothers in town to check it out. Read an article online that said basically what you did above. They said not only is it the best Bond in the past few decades but also one of the best films of the past decade which are some pretty big accolades for a movie.
- Nov 9, 12, 04:44 PM #4
- Nov 9, 12, 04:51 PM #5It has some nostalgic suprises in it from a past Bond film .Part of it brought a tear to my eye . Tongue In Cheek of course .
- Nov 9, 12, 04:54 PM #6Reference to his past wife? Moneypenny?
- Nov 9, 12, 05:13 PM #7I like Craig a lot as Bond - glad to hear this one is getting good press.
- Nov 10, 12, 09:07 PM #8
Saw it today and thought it was pretty good. I'd reccomend it.
- Join Date
- May 10
- Louisville,KY----From NKY
- Nov 10, 12, 11:22 PM #9
- Join Date
- Nov 06
- To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
- Nov 12, 12, 10:04 AM #10Saw Skyfall on Saturday night with my fiancee. We both liked it a lot - and it's DEFINITELY worth paying to see in theaters. I don't know if I'd say it was the best since Goldfinger (I'm a pretty big fan of From Russia With Love, Thunderball, and You Only Live Twice - in that order)...but it was CERTAINLY up there as one of the top Bond movies. And I've seen them all. I'd agree that Daniel Craig is pretty well an equal to Sean Connery at this point. We'll see what happens as movies continue to come.
My Top "Five" 007 Movies:
2 T) From Russia With Love
2 T) Skyfall
3 T) Thunderball
3 T) Casino Royale - the Daniel Craig version.
4) You Only Live Twice
5) Dr. No
- Nov 12, 12, 10:11 AM #11
Another thought....to me, Skyfall seemed to be the darkest Bond film to date.
Did I miss the reference to the past wife, though?
- Nov 12, 12, 03:57 PM #12
- Nov 12, 12, 10:20 PM #13It's interesting that the big knock on Timothy Dalton's Bond was that he was too dark and rigid. I think it prepared Bond fans perfectly for Daniel Craig's Bond
- Nov 13, 12, 08:02 AM #14