Podcasts

Page 9 of I'm sure there are previous threads on this subject, but I couldn't find an old one in the 10 seconds I spent searching. Regardless, it might not hurt ... 247 comments | 20847 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    Oldbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    Fort Thomas, KY
    Posts
    24,513

    A new season of Revisionist History with Malcom Galdwell launched last week.

    Also the episodes are too short, but Roman Mars (guy behind 99% Invisible) has a new podcast called Trump Con Law, which he explores Trumps tweets and other things he has done versus constitutional law. It isn't overly political, but there are probably a fair number of BGP members who are so far up Trump's rear end they won't be able to appreciate the discussion.
    Advertisement

  2. #122
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    "First, last and always, I am a teacher." - Jesse Stuart
    Posts
    28,949

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    The guy is completely compelling.
    Soooooo...did you finish?

  3. #123

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Soooooo...did you finish?

    Ep 7

  4. #124
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,926

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    Soooooo...did you finish?
    I think I got through 4, but just didn't have desire to listen to any of the rest. I guess it's because it just ended up being something other than what I thought it would be.

  5. #125
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    "First, last and always, I am a teacher." - Jesse Stuart
    Posts
    28,949

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I think I got through 4, but just didn't have desire to listen to any of the rest. I guess it's because it just ended up being something other than what I thought it would be.
    I kind of felt a bit put off at one point, too, wanting it to be about what it started as, also. However, I felt that in the end, it gave me great insight and changed my perspective on some things. To me, it was worth it.

  6. #126
    bugatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Location
    You can keep going and your legs might hurt for a week or you can quit and your mind will hurt for a lifetime. - Mark Allen
    Posts
    41,621

    Check out Ear Hustle. New podcast released this month, co-produced by an inmate at San Quentin. It profiles different stories of inmates.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,223

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    I kind of felt a bit put off at one point, too, wanting it to be about what it started as, also. However, I felt that in the end, it gave me great insight and changed my perspective on some things. To me, it was worth it.
    Finished it today. What a case study that guy could be.

  8. #128
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,027

    I've been listening to Dumb People Town with the Sklar brothers. It's pretty funny.

  9. #129
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,926

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I've been listening to Dumb People Town with the Sklar brothers. It's pretty funny.
    I'm going to try that one.

  10. #130
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,027

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    I'm going to try that one.
    I love the Sklars and their brand of humor. The guests can be a little much sometimes, but I laugh out loud listening from time to time.

  11. #131
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,261

    I just recently started listening to podcasts.

    Ones I'm subscribed to....

    Serial Killers
    Serial
    Best Case Worst Case
    Stuff You Should Know
    30 for 30 Podcasts
    Pardon My Take
    Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer
    Outkick the Coverage w/ Clay Travis
    The Dave Ramsey Show

  12. #132
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,926

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    I love the Sklars and their brand of humor. The guests can be a little much sometimes, but I laugh out loud listening from time to time.
    I listened to the one where Sal Vulcano was a guest. Pretty funny show.

  13. #133
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    "First, last and always, I am a teacher." - Jesse Stuart
    Posts
    28,949

    I need to load up on podcasts. Getting ready for my annual drive to Colorado. I have several "Lore" episodes left, but you have to be in the right mood for those. I have a few "Stuff You Missed in History Class" to go, but I could so use a whole new series to get hooked on.

  14. #134
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,261

    Quote Originally Posted by True blue (and gold) View Post
    I need to load up on podcasts. Getting ready for my annual drive to Colorado. I have several "Lore" episodes left, but you have to be in the right mood for those. I have a few "Stuff You Missed in History Class" to go, but I could so use a whole new series to get hooked on.
    Best Case, Worst Case is pretty cool if you like crime and detective stuff. They interview former LEOs about their best and/or worst cases while on the job. Pretty interesting stuff.

  15. #135
    True blue (and gold)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    "First, last and always, I am a teacher." - Jesse Stuart
    Posts
    28,949

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    Best Case, Worst Case is pretty cool if you like crime and detective stuff. They interview former LEOs about their best and/or worst cases while on the job. Pretty interesting stuff.
    That sounds awesome and right up my alley! Thanks for sharing!

Top