No more Rick Grimes after Season 9 of TWD

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,857

    No more Rick Grimes after Season 9 of TWD

    Actor Andrew Lincoln is leaving The Walking Dead after Season 9 & will only appear in about a half dozen episodes of the upcoming season.


    Andrew Lincoln Leaving ‘The Walking Dead’ After Season 9
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,857

    Also, Norman Reedus (Daryl) negotiated a $20 million deal to stay on, according to the link.

  3. #3
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,214

    TWD is doomed. It might make it 10 seasons

  4. #4
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Somewhere in the USA, standing & saluting those who defend our flag.
    Posts
    22,023

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Also, Norman Reedus (Daryl) negotiated a $20 million deal to stay on, according to the link.
    Good on Reedus to get an easy 20 mill locked up before the ship sinks.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    413

    I'll honestly say this. I haven't watched TWD in about 2 years. I'd watch to see Rick Grimes get defeated once and for all. That being said - I absolutely hate the "tribute" episodes. They have worn that out. I probably would stop watching after Rick's outcome was sealed.

    I feel like this show was about survival in the beginning stages. Now it's about prolonging the show as a whole.

  6. #6
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,857

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    TWD is doomed. It might make it 10 seasons
    Writing has been on the wall for a while.

    Lauren Cohan (Maggie) will also have a more limited role in Season 9.

  7. #7
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    6,789

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Lauren Cohan (Maggie) will also have a more limited role in Season 9.
    That actually doesn't surprise me, as just a couple weeks ago I saw that she was going to be in a new show.

    https://youtu.be/FhYQU5eWdCo

  8. #8
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,857

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    That actually doesn't surprise me, as just a couple weeks ago I saw that she was going to be in a new show.

    https://youtu.be/FhYQU5eWdCo
    She was holding out for more money too.

  9. #9
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,300

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Parker View Post
    Writing has been on the wall for a while.

    Lauren Cohan (Maggie) will also have a more limited role in Season 9.
    Less Lauren Cohan is every mans loss.

  10. #10
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    63,508

    This is what I was referring to in the other thread. No Maggie, no Rick. Will there even be a season 10?

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,207

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    This is what I was referring to in the other thread. No Maggie, no Rick. Will there even be a season 10?
    Maybe, don’t see it going any farther than that.

  12. #12
    Hellcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    5,754

    I actually think it will make a nice turn. I hope they don’t kill either off.

    I hope it just follows Daryl through the rest of the “Dead” world. Maybe he can take Carol etc. with him.

  13. #13
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,238

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcats View Post
    I actually think it will make a nice turn. I hope they don’t kill either off.

    I hope it just follows Daryl through the rest of the “Dead” world. Maybe he can take Carol etc. with him.
    He'd like to take Carol with him, if you know what I'm saying.

Top