Dunkirk

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Cold Spring, KY
    Posts
    49,066

    Dunkirk



    Coming out this weekend. I think the wife and I may go tomorrow morning. Really looking forward to it. Love WWII flicks.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    15,416

    It looks intriguing. I like the history, I just get to emotionally involved when I'm watching.

  3. #3
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,779

    Let's see what @AllenR says, I think he may have had a preview of it

  4. #4
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    Dunkirk - NOT GOOD! Total disappointment.
    Slow.
    Boring.
    No emotions stirred.
    They need to stop comparing it to Saving Private Ryan.
    Unless it's to say it was Awesome and Dunkirk sucks.

    It was only slightly better than The Thin Red Line.
    I say that because we stayed until the end. Left halfway through thin red line.

    Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnet, Kate something was more intense than this.

  5. #5
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    The 1st scene started out on the right foot, sort of like an opening chase scene of a James Bond movie. But not as good.
    After that initial 30 seconds, it crawled to a near stop.

  6. #6
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    Even the air combat scenes were boring.

    The opening scene(s) of Saving Private Ryan left me exhausted.
    Dunkirk just made me want to go to sleep

  7. #7
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    Quote Originally Posted by hoops5 View Post
    It looks intriguing. I like the history, I just get to emotionally involved when I'm watching.
    No risk of that in this movie.

  8. #8
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    Quote Originally Posted by NamecipS View Post
    Let's see what @AllenR says, I think he may have had a preview of it
    It actually opened last night.
    I had seen the trailer several timea over past couple of months. Read a few reviews.
    I'm now convinced that most of those reviews were PAID and based somely on the trailers

  9. #9
    Content1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Me and my horsey and a quart o' beer
    Posts
    5,321

    Thank you for the feedback. Looks like this is one I'll wait to watch a few years down the road on a rainy Sunday on Netflix!

    I'm a big fan of war movies as well. It's going to take a monumental for any film to equal or best the likes of a "Saving Private Ryan!"

  10. #10
    Habib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Buy the ticket, take the ride
    Posts
    12,039

    Looking forward to seeing it.

  11. #11
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    41,258

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Dunkirk - NOT GOOD! Total disappointment.
    Slow.
    Boring.
    No emotions stirred.
    They need to stop comparing it to Saving Private Ryan.
    Unless it's to say it was Awesome and Dunkirk sucks.

    It was only slightly better than The Thin Red Line.
    I say that because we stayed until the end. Left halfway through thin red line.

    Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck, Josh Hartnet, Kate something was more intense than this.
    I hate reading that, I was hoping this would be a good movie.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,429

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    It actually opened last night.
    I had seen the trailer several timea over past couple of months. Read a few reviews.
    I'm now convinced that most of those reviews were PAID and based somely on the trailers
    What are you usual movie preferences? i.e. favorite movies?

  13. #13
    AllenR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,416

    Quote Originally Posted by PepRock01 View Post
    What are you usual movie preferences? i.e. favorite movies?
    Kinda hard to say. I like all kinds of movies. Took a quick look at my flixster ratings. I don't always remember to put one in.
    Dunkirk - .5
    The Big Sick - 3.5
    Despicable Me 3 - 3
    Wonder Woman - 4
    Spiderman Homecoming - 4
    Cars 3 - 3
    Guardian of the Galaxy 2 - 3.5
    Pirates of carribean (latest) - .5
    Kong Skull Island - 2.5
    Hidden Figures - 4
    Rogue One - 4
    Allied - 4
    Doctor Strange - 4
    Hacksaw Ridge - 5
    Hell or High Water - 4.5
    Jason Bourne - 3.5
    Bad Moms - 4
    Creed - 3

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,429

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Kinda hard to say. I like all kinds of movies. Took a quick look at my flixster ratings. I don't always remember to put one in.
    Dunkirk - .5
    The Big Sick - 3.5
    Despicable Me 3 - 3
    Wonder Woman - 4
    Spiderman Homecoming - 4
    Cars 3 - 3
    Guardian of the Galaxy 2 - 3.5
    Pirates of carribean (latest) - .5
    Kong Skull Island - 2.5
    Hidden Figures - 4
    Rogue One - 4
    Allied - 4
    Doctor Strange - 4
    Hacksaw Ridge - 5
    Hell or High Water - 4.5
    Jason Bourne - 3.5
    Bad Moms - 4
    Creed - 3
    Looks like your ratings would be similar to mine by and large for quite a few of them, that may inform my decision.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    864

    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Kinda hard to say. I like all kinds of movies. Took a quick look at my flixster ratings. I don't always remember to put one in.
    Dunkirk - .5
    The Big Sick - 3.5
    Despicable Me 3 - 3
    Wonder Woman - 4
    Spiderman Homecoming - 4
    Cars 3 - 3
    Guardian of the Galaxy 2 - 3.5
    Pirates of carribean (latest) - .5
    Kong Skull Island - 2.5
    Hidden Figures - 4
    Rogue One - 4
    Allied - 4
    Doctor Strange - 4
    Hacksaw Ridge - 5
    Hell or High Water - 4.5
    Jason Bourne - 3.5
    Bad Moms - 4
    Creed - 3
    And here I was going to say just one persons opinion and then you list this! Which I agree with! Damn, I'll be disappointed with Dunkirk! Lol, is it the Harry Styles factor!?!?

Top