Abe Vigoda Has Died

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Abe Vigoda Has Died

    Sad day. Fish was 94.

    I always say that one of the most underrated TV sitcoms of all time is "Barney Miller."
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    61,556

    Great show, fantastic ensemble cast. RIP Fish.


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Sad day, but I hate to admit but I thought he had died a few years back. I had to look at when it was posted.

  4. #4
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,127

    Just watched the Godfather this weekend...RIP Mr. Vigoda

  5. #5
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,133

    "Can you get me off the hook, Tom? For old time's sake?"

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    Hunkered Down in the Arena Awaiting Corbin-Knox Central: WWIII
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengal Maniac View Post
    Sad day, but I hate to admit but I thought he had died a few years back. I had to look at when it was posted.
    I did too.

  7. #7
    Irish Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Posts
    4,334

    94. Not too bad considering that People magazine reported that he died 34 years ago.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 10
    Location
    Wherever I want to be
    Posts
    9,163

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cat View Post
    94. Not too bad considering that People magazine reported that he died 34 years ago.
    Maybe that was what was in my mind. Who knows but RIP, I loved His work.

  9. #9
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,390

    Loved Fish, RIP.

  10. #10
    MayfieldFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 14
    Posts
    1,105

    Again? j/k. can't believe he was alive and only 94. Barney Miller was a good show, and he was great in the Godfather.

  11. #11
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    21,383

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    "Can you get me off the hook, Tom? For old time's sake?"
    I felt sorry for his character in that movie scene when he said that, knowing he was being taken away to be killed. But he messed up and Fish had to sleep with the fishes.

  12. #12
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,133

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I felt sorry for his character in that movie scene when he said that, knowing he was being taken away to be killed. But he messed up and Fish had to sleep with the fishes.
    Especially Robert Duvall's chilling reply. "Can't do it, Sally."

  13. #13
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,588

    I remember booking him for a flight, pleasant conversation which at times can be seldom in that industry.

Top