12 Strong

  1. #1
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,125

    12 Strong

    Went and saw this yesterday morning and really enjoyed it. Recommend seeing it if you enjoy military movies. Based on a true story.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    50,699

    Wife and I are planning on going one night this week to see it.

  3. #3
    ErnestTBass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Old Man Chelseys creek
    Posts
    96

    Looking forward to seeing this.

  4. #4
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    7,172

    It bummed me out that they all died in the end.

    Just kidding....I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. Mrs. doomer thinks it might be too violent for her, although she tolerates most action movies pretty well. Opinions?

  5. #5
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,125

    Quote Originally Posted by doomer View Post
    It bummed me out that they all died in the end.

    Just kidding....I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. Mrs. doomer thinks it might be too violent for her, although she tolerates most action movies pretty well. Opinions?
    It's not Hacksaw Ridge gore, but it is definitely violent.

  6. #6
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,481

    I enjoyed this movie. Extra props to the director for sticking to the story at hand and not showing us the numerous home life story angles that can kill a good war movie.

  7. #7
    doomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Up Elkhorn Creek, sometimes without a paddle.
    Posts
    7,172

    I saw the movie and liked it.

    Here is a fun review of the movie when you are ready ( there is some profanity in this review, I hope sharing the link is not a violation):

    Extremely Important Stats About the Horse Soldier Movie, ‘12 Strong’ - The Ringer

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,182

    I think I'm going to check this out on Tuesday with some buddies from work. Looking forward to it.

  9. #9
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Sunfish KY
    Posts
    19,660

    Watched it yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

  10. #10
    Mayfieldsportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Roll Tide. Pride and Tradition NEVER Graduate!
    Posts
    5,994

    I read the book and it was great. Hope to see it soon.

  11. #11
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,125

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    I enjoyed this movie. Extra props to the director for sticking to the story at hand and not showing us the numerous home life story angles that can kill a good war movie.
    I usually like when war movies touch on that some to an extent. I think its a crucial part often that gets missed. Felt 12 Strong touched on it just enough.

    We Were Soldiers is another movie that touched on it just enough as well.

  12. #12
    Godot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Sunfish KY
    Posts
    19,660

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    I usually like when war movies touch on that some to an extent. I think its a crucial part often that gets missed. Felt 12 Strong touched on it just enough.

    We Were Soldiers is another movie that touched on it just enough as well.
    I agree

Top