Understanding Revelation

Page 2 of I post this link because Mike Gorman was a fellow 1973 Glen Burnie (MD) High School graduate. Can Revelation be Understood? Michael J. Gorman Responds ... 23 comments | 622 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,751

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I'm a little confused about this statement. By Universal Source do you mean the Supernatural?

    I am open to the possibility of the existence of a collective consciousness from the non-physical realm. I've read exhaustively about Universal Laws like the Law of Attraction(the book "The Secret" became a bestseller). I am open to the possibility that a group consciousness in a higher realm may be able to advise us about the LOA and the inter-workings of the universe. I have heard some use terms like "infinite intelligence" or an "expression of unconditional love" to describe the group consciousness in the spirital realm.

    Professor, I freely admit that I simply don't know for certain if anything exists beyond this Earthly dimension. And contrary to what others on here may say, no one else knows for sure either. I think we all probably would like to think that there is a higher intelligence than what we have to offer in our physical dimension. Am I a skeptic by nature? Yes. Most scientists are. However, I do feel a spiritual connection to the Universe. The atoms in my body- the same atoms that originated somewhere within exploding star billions of years ago - are still vibrating away. The thoughts I think affect my emotions, which, in turn, affect the frequency with which those atoms vibrate. Maybe when that vibration is in perfect alignment with Source Energy in the non-physical realm , good things manifest in our lives. When our vibration is out of alignment, sickness, disease, and other bad things happens. It's quantum physics really...

    Classify me as a skeptic or an agnostic, if you will. That would be the scientist in me.
    I do,however, sense a spiritual part of me. Maybe it's a longing for something more, maybe it's just the romantic in me. Hell, I don't know, maybe I just want unconditional love that is available for all to exist somewhere in the universe. That's the non-scientist in me.

    Bottomline, yes I am very skeptical of anything supernatural. But I am open-minded. I do think we always have to be careful not to create something that doesn't exist just because we want it to exist. I think we humans do that a lot. Maybe that's what I'm doing when I say there may be a spiritual realm.

    When it comes to these matters, I think it's okay to be confused. None of us has all the answers. I distrust those who profess to have ascertained certainty in matters of spirituality.

    Professor, I respect your knowledge a lot. I would love to hear what you think on this topic.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,751

    Quote Originally Posted by PP1 View Post
    It was a joke. The "....." was supposed to be a dramatic pause. My timing must have been off.
    No problem at all. No offense taken.

  3. #18
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,898

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I am open to the possibility of the existence of a collective consciousness from the non-physical realm. I've read exhaustively about Universal Laws like the Law of Attraction(the book "The Secret" became a bestseller). I am open to the possibility that a group consciousness in a higher realm may be able to advise us about the LOA and the inter-workings of the universe. I have heard some use terms like "infinite intelligence" or an "expression of unconditional love" to describe the group consciousness in the spirital realm.

    Professor, I freely admit that I simply don't know for certain if anything exists beyond this Earthly dimension. And contrary to what others on here may say, no one else knows for sure either. I think we all probably would like to think that there is a higher intelligence than what we have to offer in our physical dimension. Am I a skeptic by nature? Yes. Most scientists are. However, I do feel a spiritual connection to the Universe. The atoms in my body- the same atoms that originated somewhere within exploding star billions of years ago - are still vibrating away. The thoughts I think affect my emotions, which, in turn, affect the frequency with which those atoms vibrate. Maybe when that vibration is in perfect alignment with Source Energy in the non-physical realm , good things manifest in our lives. When our vibration is out of alignment, sickness, disease, and other bad things happens. It's quantum physics really...

    Classify me as a skeptic or an agnostic, if you will. That would be the scientist in me.
    I do,however, sense a spiritual part of me. Maybe it's a longing for something more, maybe it's just the romantic in me. Hell, I don't know, maybe I just want unconditional love that is available for all to exist somewhere in the universe. That's the non-scientist in me.

    Bottomline, yes I am very skeptical of anything supernatural. But I am open-minded. I do think we always have to be careful not to create something that doesn't exist just because we want it to exist. I think we humans do that a lot. Maybe that's what I'm doing when I say there may be a spiritual realm.

    When it comes to these matters, I think it's okay to be confused. None of us has all the answers. I distrust those who profess to have ascertained certainty in matters of spirituality.

    Professor, I respect your knowledge a lot. I would love to hear what you think on this topic.
    This ^^^

  4. #19
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,684

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Not even sure what that means but.... I would hope, as a preacher of the Gospel , you would never deem it pointless to share your knowledge with anyone. You may or may not recall but I requested a sermon and notes from you
    about end times prophecy almost two years ago.

    I consider myself to be a deeply, deeply spiritual person. I feel that connection to the Universal Source(God, if you will) every time I look to the heavens and breathe in the magnificence of the cosmos. Admittedly, I do have serious problems with man's religions, including the various religious texts that are considered by so many to be divinely inspired documents. The spiritual part of me is very much real and very important to me.
    Wow, SF! I mistook you for a convinced atheist. This post, plus your next post shows me I am wrong about that. I respect what you say in these posts. Your transparency is refreshing and I appreciate your honesty and your openness to the possibilities. Perhaps you have stated this before in a thread I was not following.

  5. #20
    Science Friction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 13
    Location
    "Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the Sun--- But Mama, that's where the fun is !!! "
    Posts
    7,751

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    Wow, SF! I mistook you for a convinced atheist. This post, plus your next post shows me I am wrong about that. I respect what you say in these posts. Your transparency is refreshing and I appreciate your honesty and your openness to the possibilities. Perhaps you have stated this before in a thread I was not following.
    I appreciate your remarks. I must be honest that I don't like what I have seen with a lot of religion throughout my life. Religion can be very divisive and very mean. But I always try to separate religion from spirituality. A lot of folks have trouble seeing how a non-religious person can view himself as a deeply spiritual being.

  6. #21
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    10,898

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I appreciate your remarks. I must be honest that I don't like what I have seen with a lot of religion throughout my life. Religion can be very divisive and very mean. But I always try to separate religion from spirituality. A lot of folks have trouble seeing how a non-religious person can view himself as a deeply spiritual being.
    This ^^^

  7. #22
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    1,966

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    A lot of folks have trouble seeing how a non-religious person can view himself as a deeply spiritual being.
    I kind of see this. I do not often think about religion vs spirituality, probably because for me, the two go hand in hand.

    I guess the confusing thing for me is people who say they are Christians but do not go to church. IT seems like a contradiction to me. But it is not my place to judge.

  8. #23
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    19,845

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    I am open to the possibility of the existence of a collective consciousness from the non-physical realm. I've read exhaustively about Universal Laws like the Law of Attraction(the book "The Secret" became a bestseller). I am open to the possibility that a group consciousness in a higher realm may be able to advise us about the LOA and the inter-workings of the universe. I have heard some use terms like "infinite intelligence" or an "expression of unconditional love" to describe the group consciousness in the spirital realm.

    Professor, I freely admit that I simply don't know for certain if anything exists beyond this Earthly dimension. And contrary to what others on here may say, no one else knows for sure either. I think we all probably would like to think that there is a higher intelligence than what we have to offer in our physical dimension. Am I a skeptic by nature? Yes. Most scientists are. However, I do feel a spiritual connection to the Universe. The atoms in my body- the same atoms that originated somewhere within exploding star billions of years ago - are still vibrating away. The thoughts I think affect my emotions, which, in turn, affect the frequency with which those atoms vibrate. Maybe when that vibration is in perfect alignment with Source Energy in the non-physical realm , good things manifest in our lives. When our vibration is out of alignment, sickness, disease, and other bad things happens. It's quantum physics really...

    Classify me as a skeptic or an agnostic, if you will. That would be the scientist in me.
    I do,however, sense a spiritual part of me. Maybe it's a longing for something more, maybe it's just the romantic in me. Hell, I don't know, maybe I just want unconditional love that is available for all to exist somewhere in the universe. That's the non-scientist in me.

    Bottomline, yes I am very skeptical of anything supernatural. But I am open-minded. I do think we always have to be careful not to create something that doesn't exist just because we want it to exist. I think we humans do that a lot. Maybe that's what I'm doing when I say there may be a spiritual realm.

    When it comes to these matters, I think it's okay to be confused. None of us has all the answers. I distrust those who profess to have ascertained certainty in matters of spirituality.

    Professor, I respect your knowledge a lot. I would love to hear what you think on this topic.
    We share much of the same thinking about this topic. I've highlighted some of them.
    There's possibilities of something beyond our understanding being in control but imo it's an extremely small possibility. I believe scientist are on the right track as far as digging into the answers and are learning more everyday as scientific technology progresses.
    I believe the religions of the world, past and present, are man created. I have a difficult time with the thinking that supernatural deities revealed themselves to a few people and asked them to spread the "word." Also revealed to others what is expected of the humans on the planet, and the penalties and rewards if the don't believe, without no more evidence than what was written many centuries ago.

  9. #24
    PP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Walton
    Posts
    1,966

    I preached a sermon a few years ago about what heaven will be like. I use some revelation passages.

    http://lystracoc.sermon.net/main/main/20359440

    I also preached a sermon about when the world will end. It is called "The end of the World"

    http://lystracoc.sermon.net/main/main/20359440

Top