Anyone part of a male accountibily/prayer group ?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,546

    Anyone part of a male accountibily/prayer group ?

    Like a small ( 2-6 or so) group of guys that meet and study/pray together ? I don't have a guy friend like that and I've been searching/praying for one . Someone to meet once a week and talk/read/study/pray . But the 2 guys Ive reached out to didn't seem interested . Is it hard to find a dedicated friend like that for you men out there ?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    16,351

    I hope you find what you are looking for.

  3. #3
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    Like a small ( 2-6 or so) group of guys that meet and study/pray together ? I don't have a guy friend like that and I've been searching/praying for one . Someone to meet once a week and talk/read/study/pray . But the 2 guys Ive reached out to didn't seem interested . Is it hard to find a dedicated friend like that for you men out there ?
    Does your church offer anything?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,546

    Well they do a sat AM bible study , for men, but I work every other sat so I cant get there . And they do some small group stuff but I've never gotten involved in it . I've done small group stuff before but honestly I don't care for the small group format we are using . Its a DVD lead thing and not as personal as I prefer it .

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,546

    Do you guys have a close Christian male friend like this ? Men don't do friends very well.

  6. #6
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    Do you guys have a close Christian male friend like this ? Men don't do friends very well.
    Yes, but I think your last comment is generally true.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,546

    I have a close Christian friend . Very close , But spiritually we are at different levels . Kinda disappointed that I reached out to 2 guys that I thought would be interested but got pretty much no response .

  8. #8
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,639

    I've known a couple of guys that were active in Promise Keepers; not sure if they're still involved or not.

  9. #9
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    I have a close Christian friend . Very close , But spiritually we are at different levels . Kinda disappointed that I reached out to 2 guys that I thought would be interested but got pretty much no response .
    Men are pigs.

    I hope I never become one.

  10. #10
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    67,855

    Quote Originally Posted by Manitoudan View Post
    I have a close Christian friend . Very close , But spiritually we are at different levels . Kinda disappointed that I reached out to 2 guys that I thought would be interested but got pretty much no response .
    I would suggest doing something on your own until you find what you're looking for, because it might take a while to find what you're looking for.

    The other option is to call around to some neighboring churches & see if there's anything available there.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    3,546

    There are certain biblical orders that cant be done alone . I'm not too hot at being accountable to me . ( Ha Ha )

Top