How funny is CentreRocks? Check this out from Yappi.com...

theguru

The film exchange is true. Trinity knew that the only way to defeat Elder was by editing every single play on the film. That was our only chance and luckily it worked. Also, Trinity did not want to play Elder again. We knew that we were lucky last year to win, since we got outgained in yardage, the refs were biased in our favor and Elder turned the ball over so many times. Even a few times, the Elder turnovers were not turnovers, but rather, bad calls by biased hillbilly refs. We knew that when the Elder faithful complained about "a team from Kentucky" "running up the score" by running a screen pass up by 24 points with a minute to go on fourth down, we would be in big trouble again. We also knew that since we had only 5 returning starters, zero of which were on defense, that we were lucky that Elder didn't take advantage of our inexperience.

Of course, we don't want to play Elder and are scared of the purple monster. I mean we only have 16 starters returning, the best player in the nation and a fairly good idea on how to take 17 new starters and "squeak by" the OHIO D-I champs by 24. But then again, it was closer than that and 24 points isn't really that much when you think of the refs, fumbles, yardage, Elder's inexperience, film... Ultimately, the Trinity faithful need to realize we were lucky to escape with a win last year because after all, we are "just some team from Kentucky."

Here is the rest of the story.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Oldbird

Great post CR! One of the best I have ever read and I mean that.

Just curious, but. Didn't Elder scout Trinity the week before?

I sure Elder did scout Trinity but some people just need to whine and gripe when their teams lose.

When i was reading that master piece i noticed that someone brought up Trinity v/s MBA next year..

does anyone know how good MBA will be next year?

I have been over at coacht.com and there's been a lot of talk about this game ,and MBA thinks they can hang with the big boys from Trinity and maybe beat them

Originally posted by southeast_bell

When i was reading that master piece i noticed that someone brought up Trinity v/s MBA next year..

does anyone know how good MBA will be next year?

I have been over at coacht.com and there's been a lot of talk about this game ,and MBA thinks they can hang with the big boys from Trinity and maybe beat them

Sorry to bother you, but where do I go when I get there?

;)

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I had simply had enough of the rhetoric that goes on on that site. Think of this analogy: Moscow is to Communism as Yappi is to Ohio football. It's unbelieveable. The game was played five months ago, and they are still complaining about it.

Let's denote their compliants:

1. Refs

2. Inexperienced Elder team

3. Turnovers

4. Film

5. Running up the score,

and their latest complaint...

Trinity, the #4 team in the country, 2-time defending state champs, 25 game winning streak, 17 starters returning and the best player in the nation coming back, is scared to play Elder. Talk about egotistical. I'm glad I was able to provide this much pleasure to all and once again thanks for the adulation.

CR

I'm sure there are more and feel free to add to the list.

Originally posted by southeast_bell

Football Message board..it's on page 4 Trinity vs MBA...Page 7 is where i step in :cool:

I read the thread SE Bell mentioned, it was awful. The majority of the thread is People from MBA and Maryville bashing each other rather than talking about MBA vs THS. You think BGP posters can get bad, these guys/gals were horrible.

New development:

I have heard that Trinity now has the ability to put computer generated players into the game films that they trade with their opponents. It is done in their state of the art multi-million dollar film studio. Imagine the shock of future opponents when they see Warren Sapp running wild on defense or Brohm completeing passes to Randy Moss.

Originally posted by LSURock

New development:

I have heard that Trinity now has the ability to put computer generated players into the game films that they trade with their opponents. It is done in their state of the art multi-million dollar film studio. Imagine the shock of future opponents when they see Warren Sapp running wild on defense or Brohm completeing passes to Randy Moss.

Hey, considering that we have those ringers down in the Kryogenics labs, they're lucky Trinity isn't pulling out the big guns!

Originally posted by Bert

I read the thread SE Bell mentioned, it was awful. The majority of the thread is People from MBA and Maryville bashing each other rather than talking about MBA vs THS. You think BGP posters can get bad, these guys/gals were horrible.

Yes i know there is very little good reading about Trinity/MBA.

A lot of that thread has to do with Pub v/s Private school.

But to sum up that thread The fan's from MBA respect Trinity and they know that they will be the underdog.

This is a very good post in this thread

Trinity is obviously very good, and will understandably be the favorite when it comes to Nashville this year. Brohm will be an excellent passer with which to contend (and, I may add, he will not be on the roster when MBA travels to Louisville in 2004). However, comparing who gave up more or less points this past season or who played who is worthless. Different teams take the field this year. MBA has the utmost respect for Trinity and knows it will be an uphill battle, but MBA has never shied away from anyone, and one will not find too many other alleged powers in the state of Tennessee who would step up to play such a quality opponent like Trinity.

As for MBA not being in the same league as Trinity, Elder, De LaSalle, St. X, and Male, that is partly true. First of all, De La Salle is in its own league; not even mighty Trinity is in the same league with DLS. As for Elder, true, it is a rising program, but it has years to go before it is recognized as the kind of Ohio power that schools like a St. Ignatius or a Moeller or a Princeton were in their heyday. As for St. X and Male, sure, great programs and great players from past and present on those teams, but look for them in the Super 25 final ranking archives at USA Today and you draw a blank. You cannot say the same for MBA; the Big Red has shown up twice. I will put MBA behind DLS and Trinity, and maybe even with Elder, but St. X and Male in a league above MBA? Hardly; at best in a league even with MBA, and perhaps in a league slightly below MBA (I'll retract this somewhat; let's call it even - both St. X and Male have won a lot of games over the years, but it would be hard to argue that the quality of competition is better in Kentucky than it is in Tennessee). Where do you rate Brentwood Academy as it relates to those teams? It has more Super 25 appearances than any other program in Tennessee and yet still has won only 4 out of 11 all time games versus MBA.

It is not worth making this thread a Kentucky versus Tennessee war of words, but you may want to consider how many Tennessee teams have appeared in the USA Today Super 25 versus Kentucky teams, or even consider who holds the decisive edge in the Tennessee versus Kentucky high school football series held each summer (TN leads 12-5), before you continue to dog MBA or any other high school program in Tennessee.