Championship games webcasts

PBP MAN

I listened to this last week for the semi-final game with Bardstown. Informative broadcast but I had a hard time with the use of the word "we" by the Mayfield announcers. I am assuming the color commentator was a former coach. It sure sounded like it.

Use of the word "we" by broadcasters when referring to the team me cringe.

I listened to this last week for the semi-final game with Bardstown. Informative broadcast but I had a hard time with the use of the word "we" by the Mayfield announcers. I am assuming the color commentator was a former coach. It sure sounded like it.

Use of the word "we" by broadcasters when referring to the team me cringe.

YOu're right about the former coach part. Paul Leahy was a long time assistant under Jack Morris there at Mayfield, then became head coach with 3 state title appearances, before retiring in 1998 and then being lured away by the dozens of dollars you can make every year in the broadcast booth. I tend not to like the use of the word "we", either, but with his status, I think it can be overlooked. "You can take the coach out of Mayfield, but you can't take the Mayfield out of the coach". :jump:

YOu're right about the former coach part. Paul Leahy was a long time assistant under Jack Morris there at Mayfield, then became head coach with 3 state title appearances, before retiring in 1998 and then being lured away by the dozens of dollars you can make every year in the broadcast booth. I tend not to like the use of the word "we", either, but with his status, I think it can be overlooked. "You can take the coach out of Mayfield, but you can't take the Mayfield out of the coach". :jump:

:thumb:

I'll try to check you out tomorrow.