Micah Johnson Is Mr. Football 2005

knnal

From the AP Wire reports Thursday Morning.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) _ College coaches look at Micah Johnson and

see different things _ a linebacker, a defensive end, a fullback, a

tailback, perhaps a tight end. But there's one thing about which

they all agree: Whatever Johnson's position, the Fort Campbell High

School standout is a terrific player.

That's also the consensus of a panel of sports writers and

broadcasters from around the state, who have selected Johnson over

four other finalists as Kentucky's ``Mister Football'' for 2005.

The 6-foot-2, 265-pound Johnson says he will play at the University

of Kentucky.

The other finalists for this year's award were Lexington

Catholic quarterback Justin Burke, Covington Catholic quarterback

Drew Ellison, Henderson County quarterback Will Fidler and Pulaski

Southwestern defensive end Josh Minton.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is award finally is a crock!!!! This award is nothing but politics and thats a total shame. I guess Justin Burke was out of the running the day he committed to NC state. I guess his numbers weren't impressive enough! I guess that breaking a state record for touchdowns in a season werent enough! I guess the only finalist to play in a state championship game this season isn't enough! It must be around state finals time cause I am now fired up, about like I was last year for the MM saga. I am happy for Micah to win this award, but all it does show is what I already knew...... The media doesn't have a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you seen Micah play?

i haven't. How can either one of us say that. Don't be sore, from the sounds of it it was a close race between the two. I saw Burke play against Rock and yes he is a very good ball player. But whose to say unless you have seen them both who should and should not be Mr. Football?

I have seen both play. The question that should be asked is what does each player bring to the team. Could Ft. Campbell be successful without Micah? Probably. Could Lex Cath be successful and gone as far as they did without Burke? Nope. I might be wrong in my definition of the Mr. Kentucky Football award, but I think it goes to the most outstanding player that has been MOST successful and been a big piece to the success of their team. Like I said I am not taking anything away from Micah, but I do believe that there should have been a different winner.

I have seen both play. The question that should be asked is what does each player bring to the team.

If that's the criteria, it will ALWAYS go to the best qb and not the best player.

Unless you are telling me that Rivals and other recruiting services are completely wrong, its hard to argue that a top 10 or top 20 player in the COUNTRY is not the best football player in KY.