BGP and which teams make the finals

jbwill2

Everyone knows that NKY and the Louisville area are very well-represented with respect to fan support on BGP (you can probably add in the Danville/Boyle County area as well). Look at the four championship threads, and how many posts are listed for each. For 1A, which has a NKY team in the title game, there are several pages worth of posts, which is also true for the 4A thread, which features two Louisville-area teams. In contrast, consider the number of posts for the 2A and 3A title games, neither of which features a NKY or Louisville-area team. Each of these threads has considerably fewer posts. This is especially surprising in 3A, given that LC vs. BG is really the "dream matchup," since it most certainly features the best two teams in 3A. One would think that this game would spark a ton of interest and thus postings.

Is this pattern just random, or is it actually "good business" for BGP when NKY and Louisville-area teams (and also Danville/Boyle County) do well in the postseason??????

Everyone knows that NKY and the Louisville area are very well-represented with respect to fan support on BGP (you can probably add in the Danville/Boyle County area as well). Look at the four championship threads, and how many posts are listed for each. For 1A, which has a NKY team in the title game, there are several pages worth of posts, which is also true for the 4A thread, which features two Louisville-area teams. In contrast, consider the number of posts for the 2A and 3A title games, neither of which features a NKY or Louisville-area team. Each of these threads has considerably fewer posts. This is especially surprising in 3A, given that LC vs. BG is really the "dream matchup," since it most certainly features the best two teams in 3A. One would think that this game would spark a ton of interest and thus postings.

Is this pattern just random, or is it actually "good business" for BGP when NKY and Louisville-area teams (and also Danville/Boyle County) do well in the postseason??????

I think you need to go back and look at the 2A threads again. It is on it's second thread. The first one was shut down after 10 pages. It leads all the other threads by far.

Or count the number of "quality posts". That shouldn't take that long. ;)

Quality or not, it still shows that there is a lot of interest in the 2A game, and that N.KY and Louisville isn't the only area that is well represented here on BGP. :p

I stand corrected. I did not realize that there were two threads on the 2A title game. That pretty much blows my theory up!

I do think it's odd that more isn't being written about the 3A title game. On paper at least, it should be the best matchup of the weekend. Neither team has played each other, so no direct comparisions can be made. Both have lost one game, each occurring very early in the season to the top team in the state, 4A Saint X (and both losses being VERY close games). The game also features 3A's best offense vs. 3A's best defense... can't get more interesting than that!!!

I noticed the same thing the prior two weeks. When LexCath was going to play Highlands there were a ton of posts about the game before and after. The traffic went down by 90% the following week when LexCath was going to play Rockcastle. I ascribe this to the knowledge and fantacism of the Northern Ky followers. Also though, there are fewer teams left and you don't get the crossover effect from fans whose teams have been eliminated. There is no way that interest in football in Central Ky matches NKy.

I noticed the same thing the prior two weeks. When LexCath was going to play Highlands there were a ton of posts about the game before and after. The traffic went down by 90% the following week when LexCath was going to play Rockcastle. I ascribe this to the knowledge and fantacism of the Northern Ky followers. Also though, there are fewer teams left and you don't get the crossover effect from fans whose teams have been eliminated. There is no way that interest in football in Central Ky matches NKy.

Unfortunately a very true statement.