Title IX in NKY

Dlbdonn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It mentioned Beechwood as being out of compliance in the 3 major tests but did not follow up and mention if that was a concern to anyone (school, KHSAA, community).

If Beechwood is not in compliance then are they subject to any sort of sanctions or reprimand?

Hey Beechwood, if it means starting up soccer at your school then hold fast.

It's not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
The stats are kind of worthless because obviously any school with football, volleyball and both boys and girls soccer teams is going to have more male participation. Unless volleyball goes to a no-cut policy that isn't going to change.

It'll change when they fine the heck out of the school or sanction them further. It would be nice if they'd count cheerleading at school to get the number of female participants up.

That's (cheerleading) is a can of worms you do not want to open.

All you would have to do is state sanction the sport (give it a state tourney), and the problem is fixed. The KHSAA cracks me up.......everyone has to be Title IX compliant, or face fines. My question is, why isn't the girls bball tourney held in Rupp Arena???

All you would have to do is state sanction the sport (give it a state tourney), and the problem is fixed. The KHSAA cracks me up.......everyone has to be Title IX compliant, or face fines. My question is, why isn't the girls bball tourney held in Rupp Arena???

I don't think Title IX demands "exact" treatment. Diddle is fine. Its a D1 arena. Rupp is a D1 arena.

Maybe Rupp doesn't want the girls tourney.

I don't think Title IX demands "exact" treatment. Diddle is fine. Its a D1 arena. Rupp is a D1 arena.

Maybe Rupp doesn't want the girls tourney.

That is a gray area.

Title IX is more about equal "opportunity" and one could argue that the Girls Tourney players have not had the "opportunity" to be showcased at Rupp.

Sort of similar to having the opportunity of playing in "prime time" games.