How do you rate the state?

BigRebel

This was one of my favorite threads of all time a couple of years ago and I think it is time to do it again. The idea is to choose in order how the different areas of the state rate in overall football strength. Here are the choices:

Louisville

Lexington

NKY

Central Kentucky

Eastern KY

Western KY

Here is how I rate them:

1. Louisville, the big boys are in the Ville and I think that makes Louisville the top area in the state.

2. NKY, Northern KY has great 1A and 3A football.

3. Central Kentucky, two words, Title Town!

4. Western Kentucky, there are several good teams in the western part of the state.

5. Lexington, Catholic can't close the deal and the 4A teams in Lexington overall leave a lot to be desired.

6. Eastern Kentucky, although a few teams have showed some promise as of late, this area is still the weakest area for football in Kentucky by far.

How do you rate the state?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in total agreement with you, but ...

Originally posted by BigRebel

6. Eastern Kentucky, although a few teams have showed some promise as of late, this area is still the weakest area for football in Kentucky by far.

... oh man, you're going to ruffle a few feathers ...

Originally posted by westsider

I'm in total agreement with you, but ...

... oh man, you're going to ruffle a few feathers ...

He didn't ruffle my feathers. Tell him to count the number of eastern ky teams at the "Ville" in Dec. And after he counts them have him compare with the other teams.

Here, I'll just do it for him

Northern KY 1

Western KY 1

Lexington KY 0

"VILLE" 2

Central 1

Eastern 3

Well, Eastern Ky had more teams there when it counted. You really can't argue with the facts here guys. We had to beat teams from all over to make it. But let me guess, The Rock, THE BOBCATS, and the Hounds just got lucky. Because thats what usually happens. If you want to see football played you might ought to come on down and bring your favorite team because below is a small list of teams that might have you crying all the way home.

Bell County Bobcats

Middlesboro YellowJackets

Rockcastle Rockets

Breathitt Bobcats

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Belfry Pirates

I would take the all stars from these teams and put them against the allstars from the rest of the state. If thats not enough we would spot you 10 pts.:thumb:

Originally posted by breathitt fan

Bell County Bobcats

Rockcastle Rockets

Breathitt Bobcats

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Belfry Pirates

I would take the all stars from these teams and put them against the allstars from the rest of the state. If thats not enough we would spot you 10 pts.:thumb:

Game On!!!!!!!

Originally posted by BigRebel

[

5. Lexington, Catholic can't close the deal and the 4A teams in Lexington overall leave a lot to be desired.

How do you rate the state? [/b]

hc, dunbar, tc, and bs have ALL played in the state title game in the last 8 years !!

ill give you they havnt won the big game, but i wouldnt say they leave allot to be desired.

tc had made the final 4 three years in a row and dunbar was in the final 4 this year.

Bell County Bobcats

Rockcastle Rockets

Breathitt Bobcats

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Belfry Pirates

I agree Mr. Network. Heck, just give me Trinity and Male and you can keep the points.

Originally posted by CentreRocks

I agree Mr. Network. Heck, just give me Trinity and Male and you can keep the points.

CentreRocks,

I'll take Trinity against that All-Star team and give 10.

Breathittfan,

Don't take this the wrong way. Breathitt had a great team and there is some good football played in Eastern KY but you can't be serious that you'd take that All-Star team against the rest of the state.

Bell County Bobcats

Rockcastle Rockets

Breathitt Bobcats

Prestonsburg Blackcats

Belfry Pirates

I'm not sure what those other schools would have had to offer, other than Breathitt County, because they have a slew of All Stars at the WR and QB position, but from Rockcastle County you would only get 2...Marty Reagen and Jason Leger. That is all the raw pure talent they had.

I wouldn't like the chances against the entire state, but I'd go with limiting it to just one area, and I'd select WKY to play.

Well 3 wishes since you want the west ---How about playing my 6 teams of Hoptown,Mayfield,Paducah,Henderson Co,and,and,and,and oh well that should be enough.By the way bring your track shoes cause you boys are in for a big speed disadvantage.

Here so far is some Mountain Boys that would stack up with em.

QB- Justin Haddix (Breathitt), Eddie Creech (Cumberland)

RB- Marty Ragen (Rock), Jarrod Lawson (Corbin) Jonah Caudill (Belfry), Fannin (pburg), Tewayne Willis (Perry Central)

WR- Courtney Johnson (Breathitt Co), Matt Haynes (Cumberland), Brandon Thomas (Breathitt Co), Jamal Battle (Cumberland)

And there is a whole slew of others you can throw in there.

Northern KY 1

Western KY 1

Lexington KY 0

"VILLE" 2

Central 1

Eastern 3

Look's Pretty Good to me Breathitt_Fan.

I think that say's a lot for this area of football to have more team's in Louisville that ANY OTHER area of the state!!!

So if it's your Opinion that Eastern KY football is the weakest area for football by far.than what does that say about the whole state of Kentucky overall you know in your Opinion?

Fact::Some of the Best Football in the state is played in Eastern KY

Well guess its time for me to chime in with my 2 cents worth.I think many of us east Kentuckians feel there is a bias against our sports teams.I agree but this bias isnt just limited to our sports programs.It is about in everything that we have or do.I have traveled this entire state over the years and some areas very recently and see sites and conditions statewide that we get slammed over all the time like they are exclusive to our area which is bull.I also have worked at one time or had contact with people from most every county in the state of Ky. and have numerous friends all across the Commonwealth.I have heard numerous comments from a precious few that slam our area.I think sometimes its the "in " thing to do.A lot of these comments are based on ignorance of our area by some people that may never have even been here .Maybe we are a little sensitive at times and I for one think sometimes it is justified.I actually know people that have a problem with spending the night in our area.Sure we have problems and maybe they are more than in some other areas of the state.I think most people from this area are proud of where they are from.I think most counties within our state have things to be proud of.Guess one reason we support our teams so much is we feel like the underdog and are constantly having to prove ourselves.Now I will end with this.In either World War 1 or World War 2 (not sure which it was) there was one county in the United States that did not have to use draftees for the war.They got their total quota totally fom volunteers.Know which county it was----Breathitt.Sorry I got off track and dont mean to offend anyone.:)

Originally posted by Bengal

Well 3 wishes since you want the west ---How about playing my 6 teams of Hoptown,Mayfield,Paducah,Henderson Co,

Wouldn't mind it at all, I have never seen too much stuff out in the western part of the state that I would be afraid to defend. No one is faster than Tewayne Willis out there, not even the Mighty Joe Casey, he may be equally as fast but not faster. Not too mention there are some bruisers to go along with him...Lawson from Corbin...

I'm not exactly saying that EKY would blowout WKY, I'm just saying that I would like to see that matchup.

In the 2000s.

1. Louisville: But mainly because Trinity and Male are the top 2 in the state.

2. Central Kentucky: Again their best is better than any one else below.

3. NKY, Northern KY: Depth at 1A and 3A levels and improving 4A.

4. Eastern Kentucky: Good 2A and 3A teams and a little depth there. Hurtin' in 1A and 4A.

5. Western Kentucky: Just not consistant enough in all classes and depth is suspect. Quick who jumps to mind in 1A after Mayfield? Some good, not great teams.

6. Lexington: Best team (arguably) can't win a region. No 4A threat to Louisville. Not depth much in 2A and 1A.

Originally posted by password

In the 2000s.

1. Louisville: But mainly because Trinity and Male are the top 2 in the state.

2. Central Kentucky: Again their best is better than any one else below.

3. NKY, Northern KY: Depth at 1A and 3A levels and improving 4A.

4. Eastern Kentucky: Good 2A and 3A teams and a little depth there. Hurtin' in 1A and 4A.

5. Western Kentucky: Just not consistant enough in all classes and depth is suspect. Quick who jumps to mind in 1A after Mayfield? Some good, not great teams.

6. Lexington: Best team (arguably) can't win a region. No 4A threat to Louisville. Not depth much in 2A and 1A.

Now i can live with that .....Look's good to me :thumb: