The Scribe

Who wins the game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Desales. However, Catholic has played some tough playoff games and some tough season games against several 4-A teams. I think if Catholic can playwithout turning the ball over, they win. Catholic turned the ball over 6 times against Fort Campbell the #1 team in the State all year and still found a way to win. Tough as Nails.

OC 35

Desales 24

:thumb:

I think that DeSales is much, much better than many of you realize. They are extremely well coached and can run the ball very well. Remember what Belfry did to O-Cath running the ball? I think DeSales wins this battle..

DeSales - 32

O-Cath - 28

I know you probably didn't intend for it to sound this way but Desales is not the same team as Belfry. That was a once in a lifetime team and I doubt they can put over 500 yards on the ground against an improved O cath defense. They do have some astounding rushing stats though and Catholic will have to be ready to stop that. I also noticed that Desales has given up a lot of passing yards. Has that been season long problem or is that an early season problem that has been ironed out?

If Catholic can hold on to the ball this week think they will win. The boys at Desales might want to put 2 people on #80, the Falcons couldn't figure that one out.

Catholic 35

Desales22

Problem is if they put 2 people on #80 their is going to be another one open. Too many weapons to contend with on this O. Last night was the most UNBELEIVABLE game I have ever witnessed. :thumb:

DeSales is very big(the biggest team that I saw this year) and their defense is very solid and when they hit you, you feel it! They are very good against the run and underrated against the pass. The key may be if they can stay fresh enough to stop the Ace's offense in the 4th quarter.

DeSales is very big(the biggest team that I saw this year) and their defense is very solid and when they hit you, you feel it! They are very good against the run and underrated against the pass. The key may be if they can stay fresh enough to stop the Ace's offense in the 4th quarter.

That has been the key last 2 games. Trigg looked like they played through 3 Ot's by half. FC was more conditioned but it hit them late in the 3rd and early 4th. If their role players play both ways, they better be in excellent shape.

That has been the key last 2 games. Trigg looked like they played through 3 Ot's by half. FC was more conditioned but it hit them late in the 3rd and early 4th. If their role players play both ways, they better be in excellent shape.

I did not really notice how many kids played both ways for DeSales. I thought that Corbin looked fatigued(something that rarely happens) in the OT's against DeSales, but the Redhounds were pretty thin this year and DeSales' size may have played a factor in it also.