Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is his family moving to Fort Thomas?

I have no idea if these rumours are true. However, this isn't the first time that I have heard rumours of Jordan leaving SK. Those rumours were sometime ago, didn't involve Highlands, and were been based on things Jordan had said. Since he stayed at SK and has since played varsity football and basketball I had assumed that he would complete his high school carreer at SK. Why transfer now?

I would put more weight in the rumours if they are based upon something his parents had said or done. Sometimes high school kids say things and it's difficult to tell if they are serious or if they are just talking. I would also assume that his parents would ultimately determine where Jordan goes to school.

If this is true, Highlands will make a big jump up in the 3A picture. Nevels is a very good player.

Does anyone know if Nevels sought Highlands out or Mueller went after Nevels? Things have been a little down in Fort Thomas the last couple of years and a couple of players like Nevels would put them right back in the hunt.

Originally posted by Eagle 4 Life

i have heard the same thing. if true highlands is getting a very good player.

Unless his family is moving to Ft Thomas, he won't be playing there next year. He'd have to sit out a year according to the state rules regarding transfers.

Originally posted by cshs1981

Unless his family is moving to Ft Thomas, he won't be playing there next year. He'd have to sit out a year according to the state rules regarding transfers.

did he play any vasity at all

Originally posted by Eagle 4 Life

did he play any vasity at all

I don't know about other games but against Dixie he played CB with the first team defense and also saw action at WR with the first string O. After his older brother got hurt in the game he moved to RB where he ran the ball well.

i have heard this rumor as well, but i heard it from a source you could call "close to the situation" it is what it is right now, a rumor. its been going around for a while and i have not heard anything for a few weeks as well. i tried to get some info friday, but the source just laughed and said nothing:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the rumor is true and Jordan will be transfering to Highland's following this semester's end at SK. He will also be moving to the Highland's school district. I am pretty sure he will start school there next week. He's a very good student so to say that his decision has anything to do with sports is an unfair assumption to make.

Originally posted by pioneerpal

I'm pretty sure the rumor is true and Jordan will be transfering to Highland's following this semester's end at SK. He will also be moving to the Highland's school district. I am pretty sure he will start school there next week. He's a very good student so to say that his decision has anything to do with sports is an unfair assumption to make.

Great to hear that Jordan is a very good student. Your implication is that SK cannot offer him the academic challenge that he needs, thus, he needs to move to Highlands' school district. I find that hard to believe.

If he wants to go to Highlands to play on a good football team, I see no problem with that. If his family wants that for him and is willing to move, good for Jordan. If it improves his chances of playing in college, its a good move.

Just don't try to tell us that its for academic reasons. I know of several good students that have come out of SK.