Does the COLD help or hurt the Birds??????

With the game time temp. about 30 degrees, will this hurt LexCath passing? Will their Qb use gloves? With HHS running the ball, I don't think this effects the Birds as much as it will with LC's passing.

Should be fine for both teams. I found when I was playing, I rarely noticed how hot or cold it was once adrenaline kicked in. I'd say Lex Cath recievers will wear gloves, I've rarely known a reviever who doesn't anymore.

In the 2003 semifinals in the snow and wind, they played very well. No turnovers, executed well, strong defense, etc. I was pulling for the other team, but the Birds played a great game.

I was at the Belfry and Lloyd game that night, but my god I dont think I have ever been that cold in my life. It was so freaking cold out that night and had to be tough to play football that night.

In the 2003 semifinals in the snow and wind, they played very well. No turnovers, executed well, strong defense, etc. I was pulling for the other team, but the Birds played a great game.

I was in attendance at that game and I would have to say that Mason County's receivers caught the ball well, but just ran out of time against the Birds.

I guess that bodes well for a running team again this time, if they can control the football the way they did 2 years ago. I still can't figure out why the jet sweep is sooo special :irked:

That night was as cold as it gets...

That night was cold I was at the Beechwood Lynn Camp game. The coldest game I was ever was ever at was Beechwood vs Pikeville in the 87 semi finals. I don't know the temp in this game but it was colder than that night in 2003.