Who would Lexington Catholic/Highlands rather play?

Rock Kid

Some HHS fans like myself would like to play Bell Co. and how 'bout we schedule it for next Thursday night.
I've been thinking the same thing for a couple weeks now! :devil:

Seriously though, either match-up for us would have interesting emtional elements. Rockcastle beat us badly in 2000 (41-9). They returned the favor by embarrassing us more than any other team in 2002 (45-6). Both of these games were in Rockcastle. This would be the first meeting (that I know of) in the Bird nest.

Bell County would be an interesting game also, in that we would have a chance to validate the victory that some Bell Countians disputed last year. Then of course, there's our history with Dudley. :rolleyes:

I know this isnt really the question at hand, but as a Bell Co. fan, I can look at it from both sides. From a pure which team would I like to play and beat, I have to say Highlands. From a location and getting to see a big time player standpoint, I would say LC b/c I am in Lexington at UK and it would be easier to get to the game as well as getting to see Justin Burke. Either way, I think Bell fans will be happy. The shorter trip to Lex. against one of the states best QB's, or to Ft. Thomas to keep building on an old rivalry.

For LC, I'd say they dont exactly have a preference. They dont really have much of a past with either team. Highlands I would think wants to play Bell Co. b/c of the past battles and they may feel they have something to prove b/c of what happened last year with the ineligible player. Also, I think they would rather beat Dudley than a lot of other coaches in the state. Not all other coaches, but a lot of others. Either way it goes, I think we'll have a classic matchup in the semis.