Dunbar-Henry Clay

EJHS Fan #98

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone provide some stats for both teams including individual players.

Dunbar

Rushing Leader is Will Wright with 218 attempts with 1258 rushing yards.

Quarterback Chris Franklin is 90 for 177 with 1767 passing yards 18 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.

Keith Bailey is their leading reciever with 776 yards and 7 touchdownds.

Total Rushing Yards: 2321

Total Passing Yards: 1788

Henry Clay

Rushing Leader: Rod Johnson 1460 yards with 22 touchdowns

Quarterback: Salin Simpson is 126 for 193 with 1780 yards passing 19 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

Leading Reciever: Clark Jetter with 682 yards receiving with 6 touchdowns.

Rushing Yards: 2459

Passing Yards: 1821

Dunbar's stats were done with 11 games and Henry Clay's are with 10 games.

No matter what both of these teams are very balanced with their offense. Both have good quarterbacks and good runningbacks.

The way the first game went this one will go down to the wire.

I picked Dunbar, to beat SC, because they were the better team. On the other hand, Henry Clay, I Think will win this game because of there all around power and speed, And coach Simpson knows that the kind of team he as this year, is a blessing from God. In other words, Henry Clay, is the best team in Central Kentucky, and will play for the state title.

Both these teams have very balanced attacks..pass and run..however Henry Clay has the top ranked Offense in both points scored per game and yards per game compared to the other 7 teams left in 4A...However they also have the worst defense of the 8 teams left esp. pass defense. If Dunbar goes to a pass heavy offense and then goes into keep away with the lead they could win. HC is averaging almost 2 more TDs a game. If they get on top early.... it's over! Neither defense is impressive...I'll go with HC by 14

Dunbar caught Henry Clay at their lowpoint toward the end of the season. Since then, HC has righted their ship and seems to be playing better again. HC by 3 tds.

I would say that HC's low point came a week later when they actually lost to Lafayette by double digits.