Beechwood next year?

Sportsfan25

I heard Beechwood will be better next year. I heard that they have a great group of underclassmen. With everyone saying that Yeagle is calling it quits it will be very hard to replace him. If Burnett doesn't want the job from I heard he is probably the choice will Beechwood go outside of the program to look for a coach??? I would think if they did that they could get a great coach because I think with what they have done in the 90's and 2000's this has to be one of the top jobs in the state. What does everyone else think???

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Beechwood will be better next year. I heard that they have a great group of underclassmen. With everyone saying that Yeagle is calling it quits it will be very hard to replace him. If Burnett doesn't want the job from I heard he is probably the choice will Beechwood go outside of the program to look for a coach??? I would think if they did that they could get a great coach because I think with what they have done in the 90's and 2000's this has to be one of the top jobs in the state. What does everyone else think???

Not so sure about the underclassmen. They are solid but not overwhelming.

Frosh games don't mean a whole lot but next years Senior class did not win the Frosh title and was waxed pretty bad by NCC as Frosh. Next years Junior class did not win the Frosh title but did beat eventual Frosh champ NCC in a good game, but then lost to Lloyd and did not play for the title. Next years Soph class lost twice to NCC as Frosh.

I am not sure how the JV did overall this year but they got beat soundly by both NCC and Highlands that I know of.

That doesn't mean all that much because they will still have some talent and size. Burnett would be a good choice and Beechwood will still be a major player in Class A. Don't know if the new coach can keep soccer non-existant though. Soccer supporters may seize the opportunity.

Not so sure about the underclassmen. They are solid but not overwhelming.

Frosh games don't mean a whole lot but next years Senior class did not win the Frosh title and was waxed pretty bad by NCC as Frosh. Next years Junior class did not win the Frosh title but did beat eventual Frosh champ NCC in a good game, but then lost to Lloyd and did not play for the title. Next years Soph class lost twice to NCC as Frosh.

I am not sure how the JV did overall this year but they got beat soundly by both NCC and Highlands that I know of.

That doesn't mean all that much because they will still have some talent and size. Burnett would be a good choice and Beechwood will still be a major player in Class A. Don't know if the new coach can keep soccer non-existant though. Soccer supporters may seize the opportunity.

Frosh games never meant anything once they got to Varsity. I'm going way back but the 96 Beechwood team who beat Harrodsburg in the state title game was like either 2-5 or 1-7.

The list is one, and he's coaching LB's at UK...

I remember back in 90 when I was in Yeagle's gym class. He told us that if he didn't get the job after Barrie left he would leave. I'm glad Beechwood was smart enough to see this. My point is this. There are some great coaches out there like Mike and Chuck. All they need is a chance to prove themselves. Boyles New Coach has already proved he can win. Heck their still playing this week. Bob Burnett is will the good choice for Beechwood if he decides to take it. But if not Beechwood won't have to look long and hard for a coach because they should be able to get the coach they want.

BUT, Does Beehwood take another chance? Or do they go with a safe bet? Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it will happen again.

My personal opinion is if Bob doesn't want the job open it up. I'm sure you will many Nky, across the state and Coaches from Ohio applying for this job. Heck you never know because I have heard some schools open it on the internet you might have some coaches from other states besides Ky and Oh.

BUT, Does Beehwood take another chance? Or do they go with a safe bet? Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it will happen again.

We were very very spoiled with the sucess he brought to our program. He took Beechwood from a team losing in the semis every year to being a state champ every year. Mike Yeagle raised the bar in Class A football.