Cov Cath vs Lex Cath

msjball4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be an all out battle and I am sure of one thing and one thing only>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I predict a Catholic School Victory. :D

I just don't think anyone in AAA can hold down Lex Caths O. . I see a real barn burner and whoever wins this will play Highlands and probably Hopkinsville then BG/BC if I am not mistaken. Maybe the toughest road in the whole state.

You are mistaken about the possible order of playoff oppenents.

Here's the challenge for the LC staff. How do they convince their kids that CCH is a lot better than they showed against Harrison County?

I think Spire has a few aces up his sleeve:

1) It's not like LexCath put the hammer down on Harrison either.

2) CovCath just last year went into Lexington and beat the Knights.

3) LexCath has not won a regional title and you have to win game two before you can win game three.

I think Spire has a few aces up his sleeve:

1) It's not like LexCath put the hammer down on Harrison either.

2) CovCath just last year went into Lexington and beat the Knights.

3) LexCath has not won a regional title and you have to win game two before you can win game three.

All rational thoughts. However, any coach will tell you that high school boys are not always rational thinkers.

CCH's D played well today. Harrison scored on a fumbled punt . They then had 4th and 7 deep in their own territory and failed to convert. Unfortunately, there was a penalty that gave them a first. HC then drove the ball and scored. Good effort.

However, the LC offense is not as simple as the HC offense. The concern for me as a CCH fan is the CCH O. LC is going ot score. I don't care how well the D plays for CCH , they are not going to dominate LC's O. Can CCH's O put up enough points and sustain drives?

CCH has a nice little recent history against the Knights...I'll expect history to repeat itself Friday.

Its 2-2 in the past 5 years or so. One regular season win in 2000 I believe and a 2002 Lexington Catholic win in the playoffs while Cov Cath has a region title win in 2001 and a second round victory last year.