Colerain does it!!!!!

Wildcat

Hey private school critics.....

Before Kerry Combs went to Colerain, I honestly knew nothing about the Cards and never saw them in the playoffs.

But he instituted a top notch off season program, gets all the athletes in his school out for football, gets the kids to by into his system, coaches the X's and O's effectively, has a ton of fun doing it.

He has done pretty well against the Big Bad GCL, which is the premier set of private schools in the country.

Colerain's enrollment is 927 for boys; Elder has 833; X has 11111; Moeller has 724; Lasalle 531 but he still doesn't dress close to 100 Jrs and Srs as Elder, St. X, and Moeller do. Yet he still competes and beats them regularly. Some even say they will beat X this year.

A good coach can compete and beat the best private schools around!!!

Before Kerry Combs went to Colerain, I honestly knew nothing about the Cards and never saw them in the playoffs.

But he instituted a top notch off season program, gets all the athletes in his school out for football, gets the kids to by into his system, coaches the X's and O's effectively, has a ton of fun doing it.

He has done pretty well against the Big Bad GCL, which is the premier set of private schools in the country.

Colerain's enrollment is 927 for boys; Elder has 833; X has 11111; Moeller has 724; Lasalle 531 but he still doesn't dress close to 100 Jrs and Srs as Elder, St. X, and Moeller do. Yet he still competes and beats them regularly. Some even say they will beat X this year.

Wait, no! Say it ain't so!!! Private schools are doomed!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

That is the key right there. I am willing to bet the some coaches in KY would be stunned at how complex the big 11 playbooks are and what they do to condition themselves before and during the season, not to mention their players.

From the Northern Kentucky Challenger:

Going Public With the Playoffs

Public schools can win against all opponents. Like my alma mater.

It is possible for public schools to win state championships. They can even defeat private schools in the process. That's the beauty of competition, that you have the chance to defeat those who may be more gifted. It happens all the time.

Any school that has over 900 boys can not complain about the size of their team. Yes they might not be private but they have enough kids to compete with whoever they want. Talk to the smaller 4A schools in Kentucky who might have around 500 boys.

It is not about competing....it is about everyone playing by the same rules.

There is a big difference between the KHSAA rules and the rules of individual school districts. Are you telling me that Manual and Male play by the same rules as say Mayfield, Boyle County, Mason County or Paul Dunbar? Open Enrollment will give you the same disparity my friend. It is just easier to lash out at schools that aren't public. Many schools don't play by the same rules.

There is a big difference between the KHSAA rules and the rules of individual school districts. Are you telling me that Manual and Male play by the same rules as say Mayfield, Boyle County, Mason County or Paul Dunbar? Open Enrollment will give you the same disparity my friend. It is just easier to lash out at schools that aren't public. Many schools don't play by the same rules.

:thumb: :thumb:

Those Ohio schools in the GCL other than St. X Have only a small district to pull from. Coach Rodenberg(sp) from Cov Cath was talking about the X factor a few weeks ago in the paper. He said it is nice not having X take his kids. I don't think they should split, but I do think they should only have a small area to pull kids from. Not the whole county.

Also see Warren Central, Ben Davis in Indy for affirmation of dominant public schools.

Those Ohio schools in the GCL other than St. X Have only a small district to pull from. Coach Rodenberg(sp) from Cov Cath was talking about the X factor a few weeks ago in the paper. He said it is nice not having X take his kids. I don't think they should split, but I do think they should only have a small area to pull kids from. Not the whole county.

A student who lives outside the state of OH cannot participate in extracurriculars in OH, unless he starts in OH in the 1st grade.

Any school that has over 900 boys can not complain about the size of their team. Yes they might not be private but they have enough kids to compete with whoever they want. Talk to the smaller 4A schools in Kentucky who might have around 500 boys.

If it is just about the numbers, then where were they before Kerry Combs?

Why has Princeton fallen off the face of the earth since Pat Mancuso retired?