How much does it cost for a private school?

All Play No Work

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let me tell you Bigzig...I am REALLY MAD because my son went to Trinity. He was an outstanding athlete and very good student BUT we had to pay full tuition ALL FOUR years.

Can't speak for you and your sons situation but it does happen, especially up here in NKY..

BigZig, is your accusation based on facts or heresay? If facts, give a few. Otherwise your post lacks validity.

Nice try TD but I'm not being drawn into that. It's simply my word against their word and people I like bristle whenever I go down this path. Hope all turned out well for your son. Sounds like a great kid.

It sort of depends on just how good an athlete you are..

Bigzig, That statement is an absolute, barefaced lie. I can't say it any clearer than that. Since I am sure that no member of BGP would intentionally lie, I have to assume you are grossly misinformed. When you repeat that lie you are calling into question the integrity of some very fine people. Look at the quotes from Dr. Mullin is this mornings CJ. He states very clearly that no students receive aid based on athletic ability and no student receives more than 50 percent aid. Are you calling him a liar? If so, step up and say it. Either what you said is wrong or you have accused this very fine man of lying. Which is it?

CCH is about $6300 in-district. NDA is about is about $5200 or $5300.

Thanks for the updated info, cshs81!

My cyphering (remember I was public school educated) of our tuition payments was not in agreement with the article. I was going to ask for a refund. ;)

Thanks for the updated info, cshs81!

My cyphering (remember I was public school educated) of our tuition payments was not in agreement with the article. I was going to ask for a refund. ;)

The figure reported must be true tuiton and it excludes fees. Unless fees are optional, its all tuition to me.

Plus, you probably have the out-of-district bump and the non-Catholic bump.

Bigzig, That statement is an absolute, barefaced lie. I can't say it any clearer than that. Since I am sure that no member of BGP would intentionally lie, I have to assume you are grossly misinformed. When you repeat that lie you are calling into question the integrity of some very fine people. Look at the quotes from Dr. Mullin is this mornings CJ. He states very clearly that no students receive aid based on athletic ability and no student receives more than 50 percent aid. Are you calling him a liar? If so, step up and say it. Either what you said is wrong or you have accused this very fine man of lying. Which is it?

:rolleyes::D Apparently I've struck a little to close to home for some to handle it. I don't live in the Louisville area nor do I know Dr. Mullin. I'm sure he's a fine man and I'm not calling him anything. I'm telling you that some kids at some schools in Northern Ky have a bit of good fortune (financial aid, scholarships, tuition reduction) thrown their way when oh by the way they happen to be good athletes. They also make the same claims as your Dr. Mullin that no one receives aid based upon athletic ability but it continues to happen. You can call it what you want because I really doubt that someone named Trinity alum would ever agree with me.

I'm sitting her trying to remember the last time CCH, Holy Cross or one of the other private schools has come down to Ludlow to encourage a kid to attend their school because of his outstanding grades and efforts in the band. Lets face it, it just doesn't happen, but let them be a good football or basketball player and suddenly things change.

I'm sitting her trying to remember the last time CCH, Holy Cross or one of the other private schools has come down to Ludlow to encourage a kid to attend their school because of his outstanding grades and efforts in the band. Lets face it, it just doesn't happen, but let them be a good football or basketball player and suddenly things change.

Actually I don't think you'll see CCH down in Ludlow much, considering there is no feeder school there.