"Since 1990, 11 schools have won 49 out of the 60 state titles"...

72birdman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only three private schools on that list? Something is clearly wrong there! The "Ban the Privates" propaganda machine won't like that story!! Either that or they'll start on a new target because clearly Independent School Districts MUST have some kind of unfair edge. We MUST "balance the playing field!" Time to kick out Beechwood, Danville, Belfry, Highlands, Mayfield and the evil open enrollment Male Bulldogs!! I know, they can have their OWN championships!

Congrats to every one of those superb programs mentioned. THAT is how you compete.

Only three private schools on that list? Something is clearly wrong there! The "Ban the Privates" propaganda machine won't like that story!! Either that or they'll start on a new target because clearly Independent School Districts MUST have some kind of unfair edge. We MUST "balance the playing field!" Time to kick out Beechwood, Danville, Belfry, Highlands, Mayfield and the evil open enrollment Male Bulldogs!! I know, they can have their OWN championships!

Congrats to every one of those superb programs mentioned. THAT is how you compete.

:thumb: :thumb:

If the only aim was football, you are correct. But contrary to some on here, athletics and the opportunities for the students go way beyond just football. Maybe some on here will start getting the picture, that while they may think the world begins and ends with HS football, the AD's/principals/superintendents that are sponsoring this proposal are looking at more than just football.

And I agree congrats to every one of those superb programs mentioned.

If the only aim was football, you are correct. But contrary to some on here, athletics and the opportunities for the students go way beyond just football. Maybe some on here will start getting the picture, that while they may think the world begins and ends with HS football, the AD's/principals/superintendents that are sponsoring this proposal are looking at more than just football.

The schools that win put great effort into all sports, with the same result. What is unfair about that?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'll bite, why?

Implying that NO where else in the state do athletes work hard.

I am so glad the private schools as well as a hand full of schools have cornered the market on working hard. It surely cannot be for any other reason. It MUST be simply that they the publics beyond these schools are just lazy. :cool:

The Reds must be full of public school graduates while the Red Sox and Yankees are full of private school grads who just know how to work harder than everyone else. And Pat Day may work as hard as he wants but he is not going to be beating Shaquille Oneal in a basketball contest.

But this is a thread about football on the football board on a site dominated by, you guessed it, football.

Implying that NO where else in the state do athletes work hard.

I am so glad the private schools as well as a hand full of schools have cornered the market on working hard. It surely cannot be for any other reason. It MUST be simply that they the publics beyond these schools are just lazy. :cool:

The Reds must be full of public school graduates while the Red Sox and Yankees are full of private school grads who just know how to work harder than everyone else.

That's not what I meant but I can tell you this. It would be hard pressed to find a football team that works harder than Dale's. Maybe the Trinity, X, Boyle or Danville's of the world. That's a fact. I've been to many, many different schools and witnessed their "offseason" programs and they are nothing like Dale's. FWIW