Advantage for the Private schools if there is a split

Rambo4343

Yeah, this is already happening in other states and I don't think that most people that support public schools have a problem with that as they already percieve that the private schools are recruiting anyway. They believe that the split would just keep the schools that they think are recruiting out of their system. I am not accusing anyone of anything, just stating what I am hearing from public people. It would definitely make it harder for a public Louisville or Lexington school to get the top athletes.

I agree. Why wouldn't a top athlete in Louisville want to play for Trinity and St. X more so , now that they would be playing a more nationwide schedule. They would be seen by more recruiters.

Its already tough enough getting PT at T or X. While there may some good individual talent that would take advantage of the opportunity, I don't see the public schools losing a large number of kids.

The fact is the result would be bad for both parties. The private school athletic budgets would skyrocket with all the travel. The kids would lose the chance to have traditional rivalries with local schools. The public schools would know that the title they won didn't include competition with the best teams. Ther is no reason to do this, the result would weaken Kentucky high school football and all other sports.

The fact is the result would be bad for both parties. The private school athletic budgets would skyrocket with all the travel. The kids would lose the chance to have traditional rivalries with local schools. The public schools would know that the title they won didn't include competition with the best teams. Ther is no reason to do this, the result would weaken Kentucky high school football and all other sports.

Good Observation! Kentucky has won the KY/TN All-Star game significantly over the past years. Tennessee has a private and public division. Makes you think.

Good Observation! Kentucky has won the KY/TN All-Star game significantly over the past years. Tennessee has a private and public division. Makes you think.

I don't really pay attention to the KY/TN All-Star game. I am curious, how many players on the KY team are from private schools?