Is NKY one upset away from having no State Finalist???

NKY has had at least one State Finalist every year since 1978 (I pretty sure).

Is this the year that streak ends???

In Class A Beechwood or NCC would be considered a favorite to make the final but could Lex. Christian or can the EKY winner knock them off maybe catching them emotionally down?

In Class AA Lloyd is always mentioned as a contender but never gets there, Newport too.

In Class AAA looks like a solid but less star-laden Highlands team that has to survive the schedule, missing the coach, etc. and a newly staffed CovCath that might be on a learning curve, plus some always tough teams in their half of the draw.

In Class AAAA Conner and Dixie appear to be rebuilding and Ryle looks solid but there is a big T in the roadway.

Is this the year NKY gets the goose-egg????

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO.

A - Either Beechwood or NCC, who ever wants it more, but one of them.

AA - Both LLoyd and Newport have the talent. I believe LLoyd has the intangible "want to" this season and they believe. I think Newport wants to believe, but haven't been close yet. A good motivator could make up for that.

AAA - How can you think HHS and CCH won't be there in the end.

AAAA - Probably the longest shot at this point in the season. But I think we proved last season that it is possible. We have a very good 4A district this season and somebody will emerge. If you make it thru the district up here, you can play with anybody.

NO.

A - Either Beechwood or NCC, who ever wants it more, but one of them.

AA - Both LLoyd and Newport have the talent. I believe LLoyd has the intangible "want to" this season and they believe. I think Newport wants to believe, but haven't been close yet. A good motivator could make up for that.

AAA - How can you think HHS and CCH won't be there in the end.

AAAA - Probably the longest shot at this point in the season. But I think we proved last season that it is possible. We have a very good 4A district this season and somebody will emerge. If you make it thru the district up here, you can play with anybody.

In A upsets can happen no matter how bad a team "wants it".

In AA Lloyd is always talent-laden and then gets romped by 1A teams and stopped cold in the playoffs.

In AAA CovCath and Highlands are both supposedly solid but not stellar this year and they always face talented teams in the playoffs.

In AAAA it would take a major upset or two to get to the final.

Could be the year???

I would have to say I like NKYs chances again this year. With Highlands, CovCath, Beechwood, NCC, and Lloyd, I'd say the odds are pretty good.

If you want to say Highlands is down, you'd pretty much have to say that about all of AAA this year. I just think it's early and the Birds as well as a few others in AAA are going to surprise a lot of people this year as we move towards district games.

Beechwood or NCC is almost an automatic IMO.

I think Lloyd has a shot this year of getting over the hump.

AAAA is just too tough when it comes to the big schools in Louisville, but if a team up here has any shot at all I think it will be Dixie.

I would have to say I like NKYs chances again this year. With Highlands, CovCath, Beechwood, NCC, and Lloyd, I'd say the odds are pretty good.

If you want to say Highlands is down, you'd pretty much have to say that about all of AAA this year. I just think it's early and the Birds as well as a few others in AAA are going to surprise a lot of people this year as we move towards district games.

AAAA is just too tough when it comes to the big schools in Louisville, but if a team up here has any shot at all I think it will be Dixie.

:thumb:

That didn't hurt as much as I thought it would ;)

In A upsets can happen no matter how bad a team "wants it".

In AA Lloyd is always talent-laden and then gets romped by 1A teams and stopped cold in the playoffs.

In AAA CovCath and Highlands are both supposedly solid but not stellar this year and they always face talented teams in the playoffs.

In AAAA it would take a major upset or two to get to the final.

Could be the year???

So what your saying is the top two teams, in each class, will be upset or not good enough to earn NKY a Finals appearance.

Beechwood

NCC

LLoyd

Newport

Cov. Cath

Highlands

Dixie

Boone (or whoever the top two teams in 4A are.)

None of these will be there in the end? I'll give you a steak dinner if that one happens. :D

Beechwood (injury to Muth and/or Sawyer) or NCC (injury to Diehl and/or Kiernan) and they suddenly become very beatable IMO.

Why is this the year Lloyd gets over the hump? Has the defense improved that much from the 50 point running clock games of last year? Maybe, maybe not.

Class AAA does look wide open and therefore not really an upset if Highlands or CovCath get edged out by another good team.

Class AAAA although they all may be decent I can't see any of them playing in the final.

Possible?

So what your saying is the top two teams, in each class, will be upset or not good enough to earn NKY a Finals appearance.

Beechwood

NCC

LLoyd

Newport

Cov. Cath

Highlands

Dixie

None of these will be there in the end? I'll give you a steak dinner if that one happens. :D

I'll throw in a nice bottle of wine.

Lloyd had one poor Season on D, and is two years removed from a Semi's apperance when they flat destroyed the entire Region in the Playoffs and lost a nail biter to the eventual champ. It's like that jealous guy from the Eastern part of the state spewing nonsense about NKY having no chance of winning a Title last year...

Beechwood

NCC

LLoyd

Newport

Cov. Cath

Highlands

Dixie

Exactly.

One upset (Class A)

Two teams that have never been in a Class AA final

Only Highlands or CovCath can emerge to face a quality opponent.

Class AAAA see Class AA

In 2004 and 2003 two NKY teams made it and in 2002 and 2001 only one made it. One upset and 2005 could be 0?

Beechwood (injury to Muth and/or Sawyer) or NCC (injury to Diehl and/or Kiernan) and they suddenly become very beatable IMO.

Why is this the year Lloyd gets over the hump? Has the defense improved that much from the 50 point running clock games of last year? Maybe, maybe not.

Class AAA does look wide open and therefore not really an upset if Highlands or CovCath get edged out by another good team.

Class AAAA although they all may be decent I can't see any of them playing in the final.

Possible?

A - I say either would still go IMO. Too much talent to step in on both teams.

AA - Nothing profound to back that up, just a feeling. (AA & AAAA are your best bet at being right)

AAA - I would never bet against Highlands or CovCath once it comes to playoffs. Two great programs year in and year out. I'm telling you, come playoff time, both teams will be much improved and one of them most likely a favorite to make it to the carpet.

AAAA - I won't argue because of what I posted earlier still stands as far as I'm concerned. Louisville is tough!

Exactly.

One upset (Class A)

Two teams that have never been in a Class AA final

Only Highlands or CovCath can emerge to face a quality opponent.

Class AAAA see Class AA

In 2004 and 2003 two NKY teams made it and in 2002 and 2001 only one made it. One upset and 2005 could be 0?

So let me get this straight, we're going to get four teams to the semi finals and then all four teams are going to loose? Medium Well, that's the way I like 'em. :D