Chance of snow S.E. Kentucky

nWo

Portions of Southeastern Kentucky look to have a chance for some snow starting early Tuesday morning. The precipitation will start off as rain then switch over to snow during the early morning hours Tuesday. The snow should move out of Eastern Kentucky by Tuesday afternoon.

NAM

namp.gif

GFS

gfsp.gif

Light accumulations can be expected. As of this morning a general 1-3" with the higher amounts being possible in the higher elevations.

models-2020010600-f042.snku_acc.us_ov.gif

Check back for updates later today.

You reckon we're ever going to get any kind of significant snow here in NKY?

I know some guys are enjoying the lack of winter thus far, but I feel slighted!

You may get you wish this weekend. It depends on how far south the track of the possible system is. If it moves further south you could see just about all types of wintry weather Saturday night into Sunday. As of now much of Central and Northern Ohio as well as Indiana looks to be under the gun.

I will post an long range outlook later today. Just to give everyone a little tidbit. The next two weeks could be quite interesting not just for Northern Kentucky but the rest of the state also. Especially the week of January 20th.

You may get you wish this weekend. It depends on how far south the track of the possible system is. If it moves further south you could see just about all types of wintry weather Saturday night into Sunday. As of now much of Central and Northern Ohio as well as Indiana looks to be under the gun.

I will post an long range outlook later today. Just to give everyone a little tidbit. The next two weeks could be quite interesting not just for Northern Kentucky but the rest of the state also. Especially the week of January 20th.

I look forward to the long range, but I'm not holding my breath. My absolute favorite past time is to have the fireplace going, a Manhattan in hand and watching it snow out the window. I've been cheated the past 2 years.