Cowboys Coaching Search

I still find it interesting that while it’s been reported by reporters there still has not been an official announcement from either Jerry or Stephen Jones that Garrett will not be back.

His contract is up at the end of the month. So it is probably just a case of letting his contract play out, and then figure out if they want to keep him in any other type of role.

His contract is up at the end of the month. So it is probably just a case of letting his contract play out, and then figure out if they want to keep him in any other type of role.

I just found this tweet by longtime Cowboy Skip Bayless who knows Jerry better than anyone and has wrote I think 3 books on Jerry and the Cowboys tweeted this yesterday.

“It makes me slightly uneasy that Jerry Jones did not issue an official announcement about letting Jason Garrett go. His contract ends Jan. 14. Is it possible Jerry conducts a bunch of interviews then says Garrett is still the best choice? I remain on high alert.“

I just found this tweet by longtime Cowboy Skip Bayless who knows Jerry better than anyone and has wrote I think 3 books on Jerry and the Cowboys tweeted this yesterday.

“It makes me slightly uneasy that Jerry Jones did not issue an official announcement about letting Jason Garrett go. His contract ends Jan. 14. Is it possible Jerry conducts a bunch of interviews then says Garrett is still the best choice? I remain on high alert.“

That very well could be the case too, if he doesn’t view any of the coaches being better.

With the Saints out does Jerry go after Sean Payton? I know he's been high on him in the past. Payton did just sign a 5 year extension, so that may get in the way.

They would have to trade for him and possibly would cost them a few first round picks. That is if the Saints would even do it.

I don't see what the rush is. Free agency is a ways off, the draft is months off. If I were the Jones boys I would take a few weeks to make this decision, it may be the biggest Cowboys decision made by Jerry for the rest of his life...need to get it right.

I don't see what the rush is. Free agency is a ways off, the draft is months off. If I were the Jones boys I would take a few weeks to make this decision, it may be the biggest Cowboys decision made by Jerry for the rest of his life...need to get it right.

I get what you are saying. The only issue is if you wait a few weeks like you say. Then you run the risk of what happened to the Bengals last year, when they finally hired Zac. Which is that it makes it harder to then fill the staff with the guys you want, because they may have already went elsewhere with another coach.