Simon Kenton 71 Dixie 37

Stamper, Vickers, and Webb just bullied their way around the basket as Dixie didn’t have the size to match. They’re very aggressive on the defensive end, and they denied Pelfrey, which Dixie really didn’t counter to try to get her open. And they do a very good job of running the floor. When the shot goes up on the defensive end, Jones is already at half court waiting on the outlet. SK has an impressive team.

I don't think that's much of an issue. Nobody seems to be diminishing their ability this year.

I don't think that's much of an issue. Nobody seems to be diminishing their ability this year.

I don’t think it’s that anyone is against SK on here, but it’s unfortunate that two big wins that showed how good SK is this year (Ryle and Dixie) were when the teams had good players out or playing half the game. It’s given everyone the “but so and so was out” caveat. They will win the Traditional Bank tourney in Lexington and that should firmly set them in the top 5 teams in Kentucky.

I don’t think it’s that anyone is against SK on here, but it’s unfortunate that two big wins that showed how good SK is this year (Ryle and Dixie) were when the teams had good players out or playing half the game. It’s given everyone the “but so and so was out” caveat. They will win the Traditional Bank tourney in Lexington and that should firmly set them in the top 5 teams in Kentucky.

Personally, I think they're nicest win was against top 10 GRC. No excuses on that one, and GRC at full strength is much better than Ryle without Scherr or Dixie.

Boys this is the same Dixie team that beat the #2 Mercy team less than a week ago on the very same floor. This game was won because of SK’s defense. It was a good guard matchup as well with Lockard and Jones.