• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

INSTANT CLASSIC!

Tied 0-0 after Regulation.

In Double Overtime DeSales scores and goes up 14-7.

Belfry scores with a Hensley TD on 4th and 1.

Belfry lines up for XP and DeSales ices the kicker burning their Timeout.

Belfry comes out and goes for 2, Option Pitch to Dixon and he out-speeds DeSales to the endzone.

What a terrific and slobberknocker of a game! Hats off to DeSales who probably seemed the slightly better team for 48 minutes.

Once I collect my thoughts I will share.

All I can say is Haywood gave us a Hall of Fame moment with that call after DeSales could not take a timeout to adjust and possibly had Special Teams personnel out there.

Both teams laid it on the field all night and made monster Defensive plays one after another.

DeSales was a great team and played a great game and have nothing to hang their heads about.

I love the guts to go for two, on the road, in a hostile environment. Congratulations to Haywood and his Pirates. Also love the unabashed jubilation from the Belfry radio guys when Dixon crossed the goal line. Hell of a football game.

Those guys dont break character and go full homer often but tonight warranted it.

BELFRY

44 carries, 199 yards

0/1 Passing

Hats off to Peyton Hensley who was facing an absolute wall and kept grinding. Even after a huge lost fumble.

Congrats to the Belfry Pirates. Nice call on that 2pt conversion. Told the guy next to me that we should go for two after we just scored in the first OT....oh well. Shook hands with many Belfry fans on the way out. Safe travels Pirates....

Congrats to the Belfry Pirates. Nice call on that 2pt conversion. Told the guy next to me that we should go for two after we just scored in the first OT....oh well. Shook hands with many Belfry fans on the way out. Safe travels Pirates....

Absolutely nothing a DeSales fan should hang their hat about tonight. The Colts played their hearts out and for the most part did everything needed to shut down Belfry's ground game enough to win.

All reports is outside of a little hiccup prior to the game with the DeSales administration not anticipating how well Belfry travels, they were great hosts and the atmosphere was amazing.

This is easily one of those "all-time" games in Belfry history and that says a lot considering the Pirates' history and speaks to the level of competition the Colts were.