Class 5A Championship: #2 Frederick Douglass vs. #1 Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Frederick Douglass vs Covington Catholic Who wins?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Frederick Douglass vs Covington Catholic Who wins?

• Frederick Douglass
    • Covington Catholic

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think FD is the better team. Although they lack a good passing offense - which mainly consists of short screens and throwing balls up for grab (which seems to work with Key), they have phenomenal athletes and a great O-line. Owensboro was able to stay in the game because of their speed and athletes across the board. I think CovCath will have much more trouble with FD's athletes. It is strength against strength, but I think FD's skill players will be too much for CovCath.

FD 35-14.

I think FD is the better team. Although they lack a good passing offense - which mainly consists of short screens and throwing balls up for grab (which seems to work with Key), they have phenomenal athletes and a great O-line. Owensboro was able to stay in the game because of their speed and athletes across the board. I think CovCath will have much more trouble with FD's athletes. It is strength against strength, but I think FD's skill players will be too much for CovCath.

FD 35-14.

Wow, aggressive prediction, will be interesting if you're right and that comes to fruition.

Wow, aggressive prediction, will be interesting if you're right and that comes to fruition.

DD, OHS just lost to FD - of course I'm going to pick FD!!! If CovCath can stop the run all night long - CC will win. Owensboro stopped them most of the night, except 2 big runs and a punt return. IF Neal gets a seam, its house time.

DD, OHS just lost to FD - of course I'm going to pick FD!!! If CovCath can stop the run all night long - CC will win. Owensboro stopped them most of the night, except 2 big runs and a punt return. IF Neal gets a seam, its house time.

No one, including Cincinnati LaSalle, has been able to run on CovCath. If F.D. can, it will be interesting.

I wasn't shocked you picked F.D., was shocked at the margin you're projecting.

FD 35-14.

Wow.