If Harbaugh loses again...

Jumper_Dad

Harbaugh was brought in to, if nothing else beat Ohio State. Michigan has only won 3 times since Y2K and going winless in the series since 2011.

1) So does Harbaugh have enough self awareness to realize he's not getting it done?

2) Will Warde Manuel ever fire his old teammate?

3) Will Manuel get fired first, clearing the way for a new AD to fire Harbaugh?

4) Will Michigan finally win, making this a moot point?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you replace him with? How do you sell a new coach that winning 47 games in five years isn’t good enough? Obviously Michigan needs to beat Ohio State eventually but to fire the coach? I’m not seeing that.

Are you saying second or third place in the B1G East every year is fine as long they average 9 wins, with a yearly loss to Ohio State?

How many years in a row do you think it takes losing to their biggest rival until they are tired of it?

By the way, if the fourth down mark goes in Michigan’s favor and every single other thing over the last five years is exactly the same, this isn’t even a conversation.

They've been competitive once in the last five years. Even if they win the one, how long is a .200 winning percentage against your biggest rival going to keep the home folks happy?

They've been competitive once in the last five years. Even if they win the one, how long is a .200 winning percentage against your biggest rival going to keep the home folks happy?

I don’t know the answer. I do know that Michigan is light years better with Harbaugh than Rodriguez/Hoke. We also are watching Ohio State’s new coach win with Urban Meyer recruits. What if Ohio State is on the downward slope in two years and you’ve ran off a good coach for another possible Rodriguez/Hoke?

I don’t know the answer. I do know that Michigan is light years better with Harbaugh than Rodriguez/Hoke. We also are watching Ohio State’s new coach win with Urban Meyer recruits. What if Ohio State is on the downward slope in two years and you’ve ran off a good coach for another possible Rodriguez/Hoke?

I don’t want to scare anyone, but Day is actually showing to be as good of a recruiter if not better than Meyer so far.

I don’t want to scare anyone, but Day is actually showing to be as good of a recruiter if not better than Meyer so far.

Yeah, he’s doing good on all fronts. My point is Michigan doesn’t have to jump immediately to firing when the pool of replacements likely isn’t any better than what they have.

Who do you replace him with? How do you sell a new coach that winning 47 games in five years isn’t good enough? Obviously Michigan needs to beat Ohio State eventually but to fire the coach? I’m not seeing that.

Uban Meyer likes a challenge.