Dayton 93 Omaha 68

newarkcatholicfan

The Flyers (3-0) had little difficulty in handing Omaha (2-3) tonight in Dayton. Hitting 57/8% of their shots compared to 45.8% by the Mavericks was a big reason why. Leading the way for Dayton was, Obi Toppin (Brooklyn, NY) with 21 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assist. Ryan Mikesell (Saint Henry, OH) added 16 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assist. Ibi Watson (Pickerington, OH) came off of the bench to score 11 points. For Omaha, JT (Brooklyn Park, MN) led the way with 21 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assist.

Obi Toppin is the real deal and I like what I'm seeing from a few other guys so far.

Tough tests ahead for the Flyers with the Maui Classic looming on Monday. They start against Georgia with a game against either Michigan State or Virginia Tech in the next round.

Long way to go to get to an A-10 title contender.

Toppin is, undoubtedly, a player!

Dayton still plays "dumb" basketball a lot, their defense is inconsistent, and I often have no idea exactly what Anthony Grant is doing. That said, the Flyers have a number of really good players (I like Crutcher and Chatman), and they should have really solid season, 24 or 25 wins seems likely.