Class 4A Playoffs: 4A Franklin-Simpson at 4A #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins Predictions

Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Playoffs: Who Wins?

• 4A Franklin-Simpson
    • 4A #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Madisonville has been looking forward to trying to get to this game. Franklin knocked them out last year and know many of these Maroons haven't forgotten that and want this game pretty bad. I look for Franklin to play hard and compete, but for Madisonville to be too much in the end.

This will be the seventh playoff game in the last nine years between these two teams. All of the previous six have been at Franklin-Simpson and this one would have been as well under the old playoff format as Madisonville was the third seed from their district. FS is 5-1 in those games with Madisonville having a 35-21 come from behind victory in 2014. In 2011 and 2018 Madisonville gave FS its closest playoff game before the state finals.

Madisonville should be very motivated to win this one, not just because it’s a playoff game but finally getting the Wildcats in Madisonville after so many of their seasons have ended in Franklin. The Maroons record this year indicates they are the favorites. FS is greatly improved from the beginning of the year and has recovered from most of the key injuries they have faced this season. A close road loss at Glasgow has been the only blemish for the Wildcats in their last eight games. FS has struggled somewhat trying to contain balanced offenses. If FS can continue their recent offensive output, they have the ability to win this one in a shootout. If the Maroon defense can bottle up the FS rushing attack, the Wildcats may be in trouble. I’ll pick FS 42-38.