Class 1A Playoffs: #3 Paintsville vs. #4 Raceland Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Who wins this district championship matchup? Paintsville got the win over Raceland in the regular season 19-15. Raceland hopes to yet again come into Paintsville and steal a win when it matters the most. Does Paintsville keep that from happening, or Does Raceland have the magic to do it again?

Death. Taxes. Raceland and Paintsville playing twice every season.

This will be the fourteenth meeting since 2013. There can't be many, if any, coaching staffs in the state more familiar with each other than these two. For that very reason, I always anticipate a tightly contested battle up for grabs in the fourth quarter, at which point, anything can happen.

In an attempt to find a reason why Raceland can/will win this game, I'm looking at Jake Heighton. The first time they played was his third game back from a shoulder injury, but his first time seeing that level of talent and game speed from an opponent, with respect to Betsy Layne and Fairview. He didn't look anywhere near his best that night and may have still had some rust to shake off. In fairness, you've gotta credit Paintsville's defense for some of that too. If he's back to being the Jake Heighton Raceland fans are accustomed to seeing, I think they leave Paintsville with a win.