Raider Nation is it time?

Yes or no?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

Interesting to note that there appears to be 2 main reasons for the only winning seasons at Ryle during Coach Engler’s tenure: Tanner Morgan and Jake Chisholm. Record with them is 29-7. Record without those 2 elite players is 12-22. So, is it coaching or talent?

I would say lack of talent at skill positions. The next couple classes coming in have some good talent and I would not scream for changes just yet.

I would say lack of talent at skill positions. The next couple classes coming in have some good talent and I would not scream for changes just yet.

If changes aren’t made soon, some of that talent will be playing elsewhere.

I don’t know much about the Ryle history but it seems like they have been strong at the lower levels, middle school and freshman, for a long time, but it doesn’t seem to translate to success at the varsity level. If I remember correct the last couple of senior classes, last year and this year, were pretty strong when they got to Ryle. If that is correct, there seems to be a disconnect along the way.

Totally disagree. This Senior class was a missed field goal from beating CovCath as Freshman. It was a running clock early this year when these kids were Seniors. Ryle ALWAYS has good freshman teams. It should for the most part translate to Varsity but does not. Lot of wasted talent if you ask me.

I don’t know much about the Ryle history but it seems like they have been strong at the lower levels, middle school and freshman, for a long time, but it doesn’t seem to translate to success at the varsity level. If I remember correct the last couple of senior classes, last year and this year, were pretty strong when they got to Ryle. If that is correct, there seems to be a disconnect along the way.

Are the younger kids getting burnt out at the lower/mid levels? Lots of practicing in the offseason, lots of traveling and heavy emphasis on off season participation?

Just wondering. Seems to be an issue with some programs in the area where the moms and dads of the younger ones simply have the doing too much. By the time they get to the mothership, they’re burnt out and quit playing or have a hard time adjusting to the natural changes that occur from youth/middle school to high school.

They had Kyle England who made plays out of nothing all season.

The obvious problem was a misuse of players, no adjustment of the offense to fit what players they had. Why a coach would have no under center plays with a running back like that is mind blowing to me.

The defense in my opinion was as good as they could be.

The offensive play calling was a let down the entire season, not the athletes.

I hang the majority of this teams struggle on offensive coaching. People can hate all they want on parents complaining on preps about coaches but when parents are calling your plays before they happen in the stands you more than likely have an issue.

They had Kyle England who made plays out of nothing all season.

The obvious problem was a misuse of players, no adjustment of the offense to fit what players they had. Why a coach would have no under center plays with a running back like that is mind blowing to me.

The defense in my opinion was as good as they could be.

The offensive play calling was a let down the entire season, not the athletes.

I hang the majority of this teams struggle on offensive coaching. People can hate all they want on parents complaining on preps about coaches but when parents are calling your plays before they happen in the stands you more than likely have an issue.

Stack the box, play man coverage, and Make Kyle beat you. Pretty simple formula for a decent defensive team. Ryle QB’s were not difficult to fool.