Will the Bengals draft Joey Burrow?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bengals upgrade by drafting Burrow or Tua, and I would rank them in that order.

I think Fromm will be the bust of this draft. He's never completely impressed me. Seems like a checkdown happy QB who has never blown me away on the biggest stages. I'm a firm believer if you take away his high school TV show most wouldn't rank him nearly as high.

This is who the Bengals are probably looking at. We draft hurt players all the time.

I like Burrow or Herbert.

I'm with you in thinking Tua may be a bad fit here, especially since he may be injury prone. Burrow is no doubt the guy I want. Herbert probably has the highest ceiling because athletically he has all the tools. What worries me is some of the reports that he doesn't process things as well as some may like, and sometimes waits to see a guy get open rather than being able to anticipate it. Which is something you have to do in the NFL. I still like him though.

I’m starting to lean towards the idea that the Dolphins are going to take Chase Young at 1. Joe Burrow is the guy I want without a doubt. I will say this though, the negative hype around Tua is dramatically overblown. I’ve seen some people (not really on BGP) claim that he’s a system QB, he doesn’t have a strong arm, and isn’t mobile enough. All of those are garbage takes. I’d be perfectly happy with them taking Tua as well. Burrow and Tua for me are neck and neck. I just want Burrow because he’s from the area (yes I know Athens isn’t really Cincinnati, but it’s close enough) and the idea of a hometown kid coming to lead this franchise out from the dark ages is extremely appealing to me. But the slander of Tua as an NFL prospect needs to stop because it’s garbage.

I’m starting to lean towards the idea that the Dolphins are going to take Chase Young at 1. Joe Burrow is the guy I want without a doubt. I will say this though, the negative hype around Tua is dramatically overblown. I’ve seen some people (not really on BGP) claim that he’s a system QB, he doesn’t have a strong arm, and isn’t mobile enough. All of those are garbage takes. I’d be perfectly happy with them taking Tua as well. Burrow and Tua for me are neck and neck. I just want Burrow because he’s from the area (yes I know Athens isn’t really Cincinnati, but it’s close enough) and the idea of a hometown kid coming to lead this franchise out from the dark ages is extremely appealing to me. But the slander of Tua as an NFL prospect needs to stop because it’s garbage.

If Miami has the #1 pick it probably means we’ve beaten them and I don’t see that happening on the road.

If Miami has the #1 pick it probably means we’ve beaten them and I don’t see that happening on the road.

We’ll beat Miami if we are legitimately trying to win the game. We aren’t on their level of bad. Obviously I want us to lose that game, but I don’t see it happening.

Tua being a little smaller and possibly injury prone is what worries me more. Burrow has won me over after seeing him more and his ability to make plays when things break down. Seen him make great throws while being rushed and change arm angles to make throws when needed. Which is what made me now like Burrow more.